dead stator

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ddrichard

Reaction score
hello. I just started doing an alt conversion on my aspy. This morning i changed timing belts ,cut out covers, cut out horn bracket, installed pulley, and stipped out old wiring that was left from po's (wiring is a big mess, don't know how it didn't blow fuses all the time)Still a lot to do ,but getting there :good: :swoon: :yahoo:

Good luck getting it all sorted out and installed. It will be so much nicer having a bit of reserve power.

got my top alternator bracket all welded up and the bottom all mounted on. a 4l 320 v-belt must be the most common belt used ( for some reason having a hard time getting one) hopefully going to another town may solve that problem. all that's left to do is fit radiator and fan, and hook up alt to battery. hopefully she will be running soon :eek:k: :rocks: :rocks: :rocks: :rocks:

ok here's the update.just did a quick hookup of alt cable to batt and started it up(it was -11 celsius and she hasn't been started since october. boy did she smoke) drummmm rolllll............... 13.4volts at 900 rpms and 14.6 at 1240 rpms .didn't run her too long because she's still in hundreds of pieces and didn't want to shake a wire loose..evidently i found a small toggle switch under the false tank ,don't know what it's for. I traced the wires to the back of the bike but haven't had a chance to investigate any further, will try to find out this week. I also found a small coolant leak at the small overflow hose , will need to replace( hose is as hard as a rock)Under the false tank i also found a mouse nest right beside the wiring, thank god all of the wiring is ok. it's sad that the previous owner didn't care enough to even clean the bike let alone do the right maintenence :music2:

hello, I just cleaned up all the mouse nest, and ran all the wiring for alternator.tomorrow I'll start putting a whole bunch of other stuff back together :beg: if the weather holds up maybe i can get more done...no heat in the garage this year, maybe next winter,,,boy it's cold :sensored:

will post more pics tomorrow

Attachments

• DSC05697.JPG
    DSC05697.JPG
    92.6 KB · Views: 504
i checked that switch and there isn't any power to it. i also put the fairing lowers back on,all that's left to do is hook up volt meter and accessory socket than the seat and tank can go back on, and i've got to do an oil change.it will be good to go by the time the nice weather finally gets here.....Denis :beg: :rocks:

well alt conversion is all done , hitch is installed ,now all that's left is to put saddle bags back on. a few of the bolts for bags were missing (it was a little loose , now it's tighter than tight) hopefully i'll be riding her this week.....Denis

po told me he went for a ride and forgot to put the oil fill cap on well he wore a lot of oil and evidently so did the bike, under the saddle bags was caked in oil and grime, still trying to get her cleaned up before putting bags back on.. hitch is off an 83 1100 bolted up great

Attachments

• IMGP0909.JPG
    IMGP0909.JPG
    89.6 KB · Views: 412
hi Dan not sure who makes it, will check for name some time this week, it is a nice hitch only paid 45 bucks from bone yard came off an 83 1100. the guy at the yard told me it wouldn't fit a 1200, but all the research i did says otherwise,, wouldn't you know it I was right, everything lined up perfectly :music: