Finding compression stroke

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slabghost

Reaction score
Refill bottle for the vaporizer smokes is perfect tool. I removed the little tip from one bottle and stretch the mouth piece cover from the vaporizer over the threads of the bottle. That made the end fit the plug threads snugly. I disconnected the coil and hit the starter. when the bottle popped out it was just past TDC on the compression stroke. Turned the crank back to TDC and set ignition and bingo! She runs!
This was my procedure to set up the motor I just installed in my truck but it will work with any gasoline motor. The little bottles can be refilled with oil for small lube jobs too. Nice to keep a bottle or two in the tool box. I've kept all of mine and will send a few to anyone who wants them.

You guys with your HIGH TECH STUFF, :smilie_happy: we just used our thumb, or finger, to feel the compression, & nothing to chase. :headscratch:

A little tough to turn the key and stick a finger in the plug hole when they are about 8ft apart. Not to mention the need for a few more joints. No chance of leaving any skin behind in the plug threads either.

Jumper switch hooked up to starter, from battery, with kill switch, killed. :eek:k: A had to have tool for the point ignitions of yesterday. :smilie_happy:

Latest posts