different way to bleed brakes on 1000 forks

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hmmmmm ...i hwve to admit it very possible my lines are original ....not sure how bad they inside lines with residue leeching off....wish i had money to replwce all lines....id for sure go extra mile if i could ...truth is i was just trying to improve brakes some as i did some two up riding with my dauther being hete for visit with me.....hadnt seen her for year.....the return hole on brakes had just started being cloged up ......and i was quite proud i figure way to power clear it....it certainly isnt a complete all bases cover deal for brakes but it was rather quick ....and did it while i changed thr tire also......i need new lines in my future for sure along with new fluid.....but as stated fluid was flushed not long ago before return hole startrd acting up ....

Takes a good bit of fluid to flush out the sludge if the P O let things go. :roll: Have had lines blocked so bad they had to be taken apart to get open, the master will often pump out the chunk's with calliper off, if not wire often works. :thank_you: Master's can often be taken apart, cleaned, reassembled, using the same part's, & work well when cash is not available. :hihihi: Have to admit, have done it more than once, with good results, important thing if fluid & lines are clean, parts still seal, & control the fluid like they should, nothing blocks tiny hole for pressure relief, or anything else. :good: Dirty fluid can & will block things again if not taken care of in my experience, but opinions are like a--s holes, everybody has one & they ALL STINK! :smilie_happy:

Really like the braided steel lines, & parts are available to build your own to save some cash over ordering pre made ones.New is almost always better than making the old stuff work, but the old lines will hang in there for an unbelievable amount of use & abuse.

true thats what im doing now getting by ...till i get some nrw lines.....im very please with the reults...return line may clog again ...but i certainly know how to clear it fast now....by doing brakes a different way than i ever did brfore....and passed it on to forum

Joe, I was a mechanic for way too many years, also ran a shop with crew of twenty. One thing I have learned, each person develops techniques that work for them, one not being any better than another in many cases. I have come to the conclusion if the end result is that the job gets done and works as it should, it's all good. Now I do take exception with bailing wire and duct tape.

Been very LUCKY in my choice of old, & unloved motorbike's. :yes: My first really useful brake information other than the obvious, was how you could OFTEN take the master's apart, clean em up good, put back together with the same part's, & work. :shock: Flushing the lines afterwards, seemed to keep thing's from plugging again. :good: Not as good as new part's, :nea: but put it back on the road, without any of the previous issues. :yahoo:

Latest posts