Turn signal finally worked- NOW NO POWER AT ALL

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went to nappa to get a breaker. The breaker has two posts 1 to battery (copper)and one to acc.(silver) so you are saying the 4 wires also go to these two posts?

Now that I am running heated jacket and gloves should I upgrade to 40 amp? I do not want to put more power thru the wires unless they can handle it.

That was how the fuse handled it also. So yes hook it to the breaker the same. 40 amp might be a little much for the wire. Maybe a few led lights can free up a little extra for the heated gear.

Cut the red wires and join to accessory side of circuit breaker. Make jumper wire to go from solenoid battery terminal to battery side on circuit breaker. Yellow circle shows the built in fused circuit that is bypassed with new circuit breaker or fuse.

wow, everytime I try to come up with a suggestion....I read farther and WHAM there it is. You'll get it Wilcoy. This is actually simple to repair since you are having issues with main power supply. Think "water in a garden hose". Find the kink in the hose and you've got it fixed.

so where does the yr g/r wires go?
As you can see electric is my weakest skill ever.

When I wired up my work bench with a plug and light--I turned the fuse box back on and a flame shot out two feet. My electrician friend told my wife to never let me touch another electric wire.

I don't mind getting wet from a water hose but I am scared to death of that shock from electricity.

e-bay picture:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Starter-Solenoi ... e0&vxp=mtr

The green piece is what is loose/or I can wiggle to get the power on/off. So this whole thing can be eliminated?

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=131311#p131311:1n9423bi said:
wilcoy02 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:04 pm[/url]":1n9423bi]
so where does the yr g/r wires go?
As you can see electric is my weakest skill ever.

When I wired up my work bench with a plug and light--I turned the fuse box back on and a flame shot out two feet. My electrician friend told my wife to never let me touch another electric wire.

I don't mind getting wet from a water hose but I am scared to death of that shock from electricity.

e-bay picture:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Starter-Solenoi ... 1281962720?
pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4d21f196e0&vxp=mtr

The green piece is what is loose/or I can wiggle to get the power on/off. So this whole thing can be eliminated?

They are what controls the starter solenoid so the plug needs to go back on for the solenoid to work. If the connections are poor you could cut the wires and put crimps on the ends and clip them to the corresponding solenoid connections/ spades. If you click on my last image you will get the full size version and hopefully you will be able to work out the solenoid wiring diagram.

If I recall correctly... that piece is held right by nuts then the wires go on top and then the top nuts.. I could be wrong but that is what I was looking at to see if I could hook to the Oem one.. but I had issues I couldn't figure out to make the swap..

Latest posts