What do I replace the oem HORNS with???

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wilcoy02

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stebel Nautilus....air powered, exTREMELY loud, and fits where either of the factory horns were. Comes with relay and wiring. This is what I have on mine.

stebel-horn.jpg

Here's what it sounds like...

AGREED!!! Stebil Nautilus has saved me numerous times out here in New Jersey!! I originally had mine mounted inside of my Vetter faring, but when I went back to Standard, I removed the right OEM horn, removed the mounting bracket from the OEM horn, drilled a new hole and mounted it where the old horn was.

Picture where the OEM horn was above the engine guard:
image.php

image.php

Stebil Horn installed:
image.php

image.php

image.php

With the Stebel Nautilus- does it hook up to the oem wires from the old horn or do I need a relay. Is the extra harness needed to install?

I think it would fit there and miss my alternator belt.

Yes I will give a report on the lights after they get installed and used.

To get the loudest effect you will need to run the relay.. attach one horn wire to the relay 55 and then 56 to the other horn wire from same side horn connectors... battery to 30 and then to horn from 57/57a whichever is normally open on a 5 wire relay and the 57 numbered lug on a 4 wire relay.. then run ground from horn empty contact..... this is how mine is wired and it works from horn button

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=131969#p131969:1na9du24 said:
Joep » Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:46 pm[/url]":1na9du24]
To get the loudest effect you will need to run the relay.. attach one horn wire to the relay 55 and then 56 to the other horn wire from same side horn connectors... battery to 30 and then to horn from 57/57a whichever is normally open on a 5 wire relay and the 57 numbered lug on a 4 wire relay.. then run ground from horn empty contact..... this is how mine is wired and it works from horn button

I think you may mean 87 and 87a which is the normally closed circuit on a 5 pin relay other than that a relay definitely needs to be used with air horns as they draw lots more current than the original vibrating horns :good:

I actually have a wolo bad boy on mine.. mounted on the left side behind side panel.. one bolt mount.. oh I think I forgot to remind you to fuse your power line from the battery as out is not ruin through any fused leads other then the horn button circuit but that only kicks in the relay to provide battery power to the horn.

Yeah you are right..my bad shooting from memory not looking at a relay..

Joep":1lkvqiv0 said:
I actually have a wolo bad boy on mine..
Which is available at Harbor Freight (cheapest place I've found.)
badboy.jpg
I like the way it was mounted with a custom bracket to 'tuck' it in on this customized GL1000.
horn 002.jpg

Nice mounting Ron, very well concealed and nothing to restrict the sound :good:

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=131968#p131968:9k0y2nsr said:
wilcoy02 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:01 am[/url]":9k0y2nsr]
With the Stebel Nautilus- does it hook up to the oem wires from the old horn or do I need a relay. Is the extra harness needed to install?
Mine came with the wire harness (included with the package I ordered) that made installation a snap. Relay, fuse and power wires already pre-wired to connect to the battery and the horn button. Red to battery, black to ground, green to horn button connector at the OEM horn wire.