Changing to blade fuses

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rob.lafady

Reaction score
I know this is probably here already, but I get easily distracted, I'd like to switch to a blade style fuse box on my '78 and change to led bulbs to lower the strain on my alternator. Is there a good step by step thread here, and what is a good box to look at? Thanks in advance!

I don't know of any how to post for it but it's a pretty simple deal to switch from one box to another. Just wire through one fuse at a time.

Here is a picture of mine on the '83.

Attachments

• IMG_20140420_213307.jpg
    IMG_20140420_213307.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 202
If you go to LEDs your old glass fuse box will be fine as long as you clean the contacts/clips, they aren't loose and you replace your fuses with new internally soldered fuses. If you really want to improve electrical performance install a relay and auto reset circuit breaker in the main ignition circuit.

Thanks everyone. Ansimp, I've seen mention of the relay before, what is the auto reset circuit breaker?

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=136083#p136083:2st43ebj said:
rob.lafady » Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:13 am[/url]":2st43ebj]
Thanks everyone. Ansimp, I've seen mention of the relay before, what is the auto reset circuit breaker?

The ones I prefer are the same as the top left picture. Short stop weatherproof ( plastic) but you can use any of the other automotive types.

Latest posts