backlander/V decide to end joedrum wire nut tech LOL

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need an education on relays. I haven't a clue what they do, when to use them and how to install. But there isn't much I don't now know about crimpers.
:yahoo:

i hear ya wes so far crimpers are a hot topic in this thread ....but today im back on gettings ready ...i have three relays i can use ..i will try to keep good posting on using them and where and explain there purposes of having them ....as soon as i figure it all out also :BigGrin: :hihihi:

pic

image.php

well mostly striped down wiring gone

Well it's rather apparent this won't be a quick fix. Might as well try to make it look as nice as you can.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=188565#p188565:34twxgly said:
joedrum » Today, 8:45 am[/url]":34twxgly]
pic

image.php

This is going to be a very long thread :builder:

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=188573#p188573:2qp4asth said:
dan filipi » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:49 am[/url]":2qp4asth]
[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=188565#p188565:2qp4asth said:
joedrum » Today, 8:45 am[/url]":2qp4asth]
pic

image.php

This is going to be a very long thread :builder:

:yes:

pic

image.php

ahh mail

image.php

the right crimpers ..look nice ..ill be reading instructions ...sent a handful of practice terminals ..thats cool ..id say buy from this place is great idea

image.php

the gaskets look great ...lani did a great job ...to me this is like a c5 product for a oldwing ..if one gets them to work ..beats what out there 100 times over ..just like the c5 does

Lot's of great vendor's out there, :good: not all that many bad ones, in my experiences. :headscratch: Have been pretty lucky, :good: MOST of the time. :yes:

well these guys are top notch denver ....both the copper gaskets unlimited and the vintageconnection place ..and ive dealt with way less worthless vendors ..some were very popular but clearly poor vendors in my opinion...

today i start the rewiring ...this will be a battle ... :whip:

well the wiring is done mostly ..to the point of starting the bike ..front and rear light hook ups not done yet ...havnt installed any relays yet ....the entire wiring set up by blacklander kept me from swearing lol .....the crimping system was as good as anything ive ever seen for making connections ...i seen lots of info out there ...some slamming this type crimping tool ...maybe others are not as good as this ...but i agree apple ..its simply the only way to go ..is with ratcheting crimper..does the connection in one operation....very pleased so far still a bit to do ....

pics
image.php

i ran out of bullet connectors so im having to make connections with spade ends and covering them with plastic hose ...i will seal them as i doubt they well ever be pulled apart ...only wire i have is white so it going to be a bit confusing looking to anyone else and me

image.php

the led mirror turn signals were really small wire ...so i used the crimper and added bigger wire to them and also covered with plastic hose ..nice how that worked ...great tool ..im moving like a turtle today ...but its coming along ....

You only need little wires for the led turn signals Joe as they don't draw much current. :yes:

ok ive got the wiring all hooked up and working ...had a few problems though ....the reserve lighting unit had to be bypass ...and the info out there to do it is not clear enough to get right ...and it seems all this time with this bike ..ive had the bypass hooked up wrong ...

i think this was causing a slight and weak drain on the battery all the time and if you went awhile before riding your bike the battery would be dead....problem i was having is there was no power going to the tail and brakes lights in the rear of bike ....so when i figured witch wire had to powered to give power to the rear lights ...it wasnt hooked up ...threar power wire is blue but has a brown collar on it ...there is also blue and brown wire ...there also and thats what i had hooked up ...so when i traded those two wires i got power to the rear and all things work as it should ...

not only did i make this wiring mistake ...blacklander did also in the set up of the bypass he did for the new harness use in hooch ....

anyway it is very easy to get things screwed up on the bypass wiring...

been on several rides now bike running great ...and i think the wiring is all figured out now ...want to thank V and backlander for there parts in getting a new wiring harness set up in the hooch bike :hi: :good:

Latest posts