Brighter Dash Lights

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sledge

Reaction score
I replaced all the running lights on my Goldwing with LED's ...... and now , the Dash Lights are dim compaired to everything else...... anybody know what the bulb numbers would be, to make the Dash Lights Brighter . ????

I would very much like to install LEDs in my dash gauges, but afaik, there are no direct replacement LEDs that fit the bill. I am considering modifying the sockets to allow for the installation of LEDs. I know several folks that have done this for dash lighting in cars, but it has required some soldering, and ingenuity.....I can handle that! Just need some time.

Dash lights shouldn't dim if you've decreased the load with LED lights. If anything they should have gotten brighter. By any chance did you install ballist resistors to use the old flasher unit? That may in effect have increased the load on the system over stock. Are all the ground connections clean and tight?

bk2valve":n7vgjrxv said:
Hi guys, I replaced mine with LEDs from superbrightleds.com. They have just about every bulb I have ever needed...
Brian

Good source bk2valve. I used this company back when I was in the electrical supply buisiness. :laptop:

No.....they didn't get Dim ... it's just that the LED's I put on the bike are so bright , that it makes the stock Dash Light ( Seem Dim ) they are really the same as always. I love to ride at night , and this old Goldwing has a great Headlight , I was just wondering if there was some small dash light bulbs , that are brighter than the stock bulbs.

sledge":nm1l2vjn said:
No.....they didn't get Dim ... it's just that the LED's I put on the bike are so bright , that it makes the stock Dash Light ( Seem Dim ) they are really the same as always. I love to ride at night , and this old Goldwing has a great Headlight , I was just wondering if there was some small dash light bulbs , that are brighter than the stock bulbs.

leds will brighten the dash. I love to ride at night and am going to white faced gauges and blue LED.

If you are talking bulbs for the guages then I can recommend these
!CCyDnTg!2k~$(KGrHqYOKnUEz1r)VGYcBNMT5JUcG!~~_12.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/390272625727?it ... m=&vxp=mtr

They fit my 83 Interstate and are definately brighter than the stock bulbs. The manual listed a bayonet type bulb which I had ordered but didn't fit. These plugged right in. I think they changed the sockets between years.

Yes there are different sizes. These are T10 size. Again, my manual listed a #57 type bulb but when I open up the guages on my "83 Interstate" they where a T10 type. It's a pain but probably best to check what type you have before ordering. The fuel/temp guage bulbs are easy to check and should be a good indication of what's in the tach and speedo.

Latest posts