82 gl1100 fairing removal 7in headlamp replacement

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So... I've been looking around and got fed up with the windjammer. It looks like its 30 plus years old.. Any who.. I've been having some issues trying to find fork clamps and headlight replacement. If someone can point me in the right direction to find the correct setup up that would be great! I checked out eBay and couldn't really find what I was looking for. .. Any help or advise would be much appreciated.

Hmm... Yeah. I was looking into the side mounts.. But having issues find the bucket and the light. I really like the larger headlamps. And kind of what I'm starting to do with the bike. .. I'll post pictures soon. But its pretty much mad maxxed out. Thus far. But there's always room for improvement!

I liked these arms even though they are pricey
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/291086426424
Last year the seller was doing a complete kit for $99 usd, contact him and see if he has any more available. The one I liked was polished alloy brackets ( not black as the above item) and chromed headlight with H4 bulb. I haven't used them but they appear to be good quality not like the cheap chrome stamped ones that are rusting on the Pig ( naked cbr1000f)

There are actually quite a few OEM headlight buckets and turn signal brackets on Ebay right now. There also some very good new ones available there too!

As far as the headlight assembly, it is the same as several other Honda models like the CB750. Honda often used the same parts on several different models.

This one is cool for a new style!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/41mm-headlight- ... 43&vxp=mtr

Are you going for stock turn signals? I have a set of stock headlight ears but like so many others, the tabs for mounting the stock turn signals were hacked off years ago. If you want them they are yours for a cheap deal.

I don't want your money, but Dan does. PM me your address. When you get the parts, click the "Donate" button at the top of the site and leave a donation equal to the cost of the postage.

Nice! I haven't got the chance to ride with folks. But I'd be MORE than interested. I've done long rides before... Valdez Ak to Dallas tx.... Alone.... But I'm kind of itching to get on the road pretty soon! ( once I get this headlight matter addressed and taken care of)