• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Gold Wing and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Looking for Parts - 1985 GL1200 interstate

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello everybody, i have encountered some carb issues and need some parts. (1985 gl1200 interestate) I have exhausted all the places around here and no parts to be had. I am looking for #12 and #4 in the photo
below, and also the screws #26 that fit #4 to #12 if you have any. I know i can still order #4 and the screws, but if you have them and want to get rid of them, let me know. Also, if you are looking for some parts, gl -1100 or 1200 then maybe we can just trade out parts if i have it.

Attachments

• air-cleaner_mediumhu0202f9e22_b2bf.jpg
    air-cleaner_mediumhu0202f9e22_b2bf.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 182
I had a bitch of a time with those same parts on Suzies 1200, couldn't get them off without destroying them.

Best I could figure the plastic can't take the heat from years and years.
We got lucky and found everything at a local wrecker.

I got # 4 and # 12 and 6 screws so far, matter of fact I got the whole air cleaner assembly. I got the other six screws somewhere in the "twilight zone" workroom. lol It's off an 85 Interstate, I think there all the same on the 1200"s.

Got the water pump from you today Paul, thanks a bunch, now to get this 84 engine back together. If you run across another pump let me know, still in search of one for another motor.

i have one for the 80 and 81 model, the 83 model is a little different, the trunk mounting hinges are futher back (maybe 2 or so inches) than the 80 and 81 , but they will fit the 83, just not as much room for the back passanger when you mount the trunk.

Latest posts