• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Gold Wing and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

For Sale: 81 GL1100--PROJECT

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daze

Reaction score
I inheritted this bike from my grandfather, but I don't have the time or $$$ to put into fixing it. I don't have a title for it. It has everything I got with it, but it has been disassembled. Engine turns, carbs are shot. It should be a great donor bike for parts, or a resto project, but it needs a lot to get running again. The bike sat in a garage for 15 years so the frame and chassis are in good shape, very minimal surface rust in a few locations, mostly exhaust.

$500 OBO.

There are more pictures in my album as well.

QP4Duwd.jpg

rcHgqel.jpg

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=142443#p142443:qteai8dd said:
Steve83 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:18 pm[/url]":qteai8dd]
Sure wish you were closer! Someone's gonna have fun with this one!

I hope so. I wish I had the time/money/skill to get it running again. Pains me to sell it.

but it has been disassembled.
What is the current state of assembly? I know you had taken it apart to a certain point. Your original thread did not mention whether or not you still have the luggage/bags or trunk anymore.

Lastly, are the brakes freed up enough for the bike to roll?

Maybe take a current pic for us to see now?

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=142446#p142446:2r3h02kr said:
mcgovern61 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:46 pm[/url]":2r3h02kr]
but it has been disassembled.
What is the current state of assembly? I know you had taken it apart to a certain point. Your original thread did not mention whether or not you still have the luggage/bags or trunk anymore.

Lastly, are the brakes freed up enough for the bike to roll?

Maybe take a current pic for us to see now?

Right now it's pretty bare. Down to the frame, the engine is in place. Carbs are off, rear wheel is off, can be put back on to get it rolling. I have the luggage, the frames for the luggage. It's a sampsonite 3 piece set, no trunk, just 3 identical suitcases that get bolted into the luggage frame.

Without a title it's not much good to me. I have too many projects now anyway. Best of luck in selling.

As far as the title goes, here in New Jersey, if you can at least find one vehicle registration card, DMV can be contacted proving the previous owner and there is paperwork that will get the bike titled here!

I like the bike and I am seriously considering that as a good project! (Just trying to convince my Bride! BTW, asking forgiveness later won't fly here! :hihihi: )

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=142512#p142512:1ii88lbb said:
mcgovern61 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:56 am[/url]":1ii88lbb]
As far as the title goes, here in New Jersey, if you can at least find one vehicle registration card, DMV can be contacted proving the previous owner and there is paperwork that will get the bike titled here!

I like the bike and I am seriously considering that as a good project! (Just trying to convince my Bride! BTW, asking forgiveness later won't fly here! :hihihi: )

That's what happens when you have an open marriage Gerry! :smilie_happy:

Latest posts