• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Gold Wing and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

GL1100 GoldWing Single Carburetor conversion Kit - $ 300.00

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PhotoDoctor

Reaction score
GL1100 GoldWing Single Carburetor conversion Kit - $ 325.00 OBO

I’m selling a very nice single carburetor conversion kit which is currently installed on my bike and works great so you can see and hear run. If you arrive on your own GoldWing I will let you take this bike for a test drive.

This is the story. I recently bought this 1982 GL1100 with only 9,500 original miles on the bike. Yes, it’s beautiful – the 2nd owner bought the bike with about 9,450 miles to build a café racer and bought this single carb kit and installed it.
He got busy with other projects and never got back to this one and sold the bike to me.

Anyway, the bike also came with the original carbs which were in great shape so I rebuilt the stock carbs and intend to put them back on the bike.

I will leave the single carb kit on for a bit longer in case someone wants to buy it and see how it works first.
I have put just over 1000 miles on the bike with this kit and it works fine. My gas mileage on 4 tanks of gas has been 41mpg, 44.9mpg, 42 mpg, and 41 mpg. I am told this is pretty good for this year and model of GoldWing.

If you are the buyer – you are welcome to be here when I remove the kit so you can see how to install it. You will get everything you need to install on your bike.

Attachments

• bike_140439.jpg
    bike_140439.jpg
    312.6 KB · Views: 315
  • bottom half of carb_140414.jpg
    bottom half of carb_140414.jpg
    247.1 KB · Views: 314
  • manifold_140407.jpg
    manifold_140407.jpg
    261.5 KB · Views: 311
The kit came already installed on the bike by previous owner he called it a Volkswagon carb.....I did not get any of the paper work.

What I know is it's a single barrel and most likely a Solex but I have not found a brand name on it- but I have not removed the carb from the bike. It also is electric choke and single cable to throttle. The air filter is chrome with foam element and fits very nicely.

The bike runs great but I'm going back to the stock carbs as I have lots of experience from the GL500/GL650 with the same units and don't have any trouble maintaining them. The single carb is nice and I've not had any issues with it, I just an returning the bike to "original" since everything including the original carbs are in great shape.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=152147#p152147:1nvll4xx said:
Mysteryrider » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:04 pm[/url]":1nvll4xx]
wondering will this work on a 79 gl1000
It should. 1000 rack works on 1100 bikes and vice versa.

Yes, SlabGhost is correct that it fits the 1000 and 1100.

(Sorry - I don't need another carb rack - I cleaned the stock carbs and am just waiting to sell this single carb unit before putting the stock carbs back on)

Status
Not open for further replies.