Anyone have any blue prints for a camper trailer?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wilcoy02

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I need to build a camper on my harbor freight 4x4 trailer.
I have searched the net for any plans to build one. The only one I can find is the teardrop trailer and I do not see me building one of those. I want to see what is behind me while riding.

I would love to build the one that Kerry B was going to build with out the hydraulics.

Any info, plans, website with plans, ideas would be greatly appreciated.

I can not see me pitching a tent on the ground on my upcoming venture to Alaska.
I have 11 months to get something built.

Blue prints... I can't say that I have seen them, but I know the homemade versions are out there. I rememberd seeing this one, or one similar to this, on YouTube a few years ago and thought it would be fun to build.

maxresdefault.jpg

Wes, are you a member over at motocampers.com? Might be the place to ask that question also... https://www.motocampers.com/

Brian,
That is the one Kerry was going to try.
That is the one I would like to do. without the convertible hydrolics.
The guy who built this one has fallen off the earth and not to be found.

Will check out the motocampers.

Thanks

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=125563#p125563:24owt3ox said:
wilcoy02 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:32 am[/url]":24owt3ox]
The guy who built this one has fallen off the earth and not to be found.

Perhaps he fell down in the trailer, and he can't get up? :blush:

Seems like someone here did a fold-out like camper on one of those trailers..can't remember who it was, tho.... :headscratch:

The teardrop does not interest me as I want to see what is behind me while riding. Plus I do not have a steamer to bend the wood. The teardrop would be nice to just open the door and get in a dry bed.

I hope someone somewhere has the plans to put something together in the next month or so.
I want to get it built while the weather is nice.

Brian,

Tried to order the plans from them. The guy who had the plans has deceased and the plans are no longer available from Mother Earth. I might try to build this with just the pic you posted.

I think I need to build something like that, I'm getting to old to sleep on the ground, the few times I've camped this year, it ended up being a nightmare to set up and take down all that stuff. I think this would make it more enjoyable.

Thanks Brian

I had just gotten back from the lumber yard when I got your posts.
Now I gotta return what I bought and get the stuff from the site you found for me.
I really appreciate it Brian.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=125812#p125812:woq4cjil said:
wilcoy02 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:57 pm[/url]":woq4cjil]
Thanks Brian

I had just gotten back from the lumber yard when I got your posts.
Now I gotta return what I bought and get the stuff from the site you found for me.
I really appreciate it Brian.

I asked the question over at Motocampers and got that response. The more I see that kit, the more I like it too: seems to be a lot of options with that box/tent camper set-up.