Air pressure in front forks

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marcusknight

Reaction score
What do you guys put for Air Pressure in your front forks? I think the max spec is less than 10 PSI. That seems so low. Experience?

Yes that's right about the forks, & up to the 1100 pressure limit's are not going to be a real issue, :nea: other than a degree of harshness. :whistling: The 39 to 41 mm fork size, 83 was very similar to the 1200's. :headscratch:

On my 83 I keep about ten pounds on the front, and thirty on the rear, but remember your load will help determine what give the best ride, or feel. With that said I weigh 250 so someone in the 150 range would probably want different pressures.

Here are the pressure stickers off my 81 Standard ( Vettered)
Front 14-21 psi
Rear 28-57 psi
I run 20 psi front and 60 psi rear as my springs are sagged. I will experiment with new pressures once I have installed the new to me front progressive springs and rear progressive air shocks :yes:

When I had my Vetter faring on, the front end was much better with 15-16 psi. Now back to a standard with only a windshield and I run with 12 psi very nicely.

Latest posts