LED's then heated grips

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pony Ruiz

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ordered up some LED's. Headlight bulb too. I have some dash lights that I got from a forum member but don't see putting those in just yet. That be another topic of discussion.

So....I am hoping I get some savings and can put some heated grips on. Any good recommendations? Quality, ease of installation etc... I understand they go under the grips - what grips are good to use then? (is this like an oil question?)

I have heated gloves but they don't really offer the protection (crash) that I'd like. I turn them on for a little while then off to conserve power. They work just well enough so I don't get frostbite :roll:. They don't really breathe that well either.

I am planning on getting some winter gloves but I'd like a little warmth also.

Yeah I know I could do hippo hands but I got my style quotient to keep up...then again I (we) ride 30 year old GL's :clapping: Hey I'm gonna be 65 in a week - I don't care what I look like!

thanks.

So far I've done okay with waterproof winter gloves. Never owned anything with heated grips. That said I suppose the more solid vinyl grips would transfer the heat better than the sponge style.

Hope they work. Pretty hard to ride with frozen hands, about as miserable a feeling that you can get outside of being soaked.

Thanks!
I think they are going to work well. They are thin enough you can wear them under a set of gloves just a skosh bigger.
these: https://www.warmnsafe.com/heated-glove-liners/
I think the led's gave a bump in the power reserve to power these things a bit better.
I already had the controller.
The main thing for me is good gloves. the heated variety I have don't have much (0) armor / protection. I think they would get thrashed in the event of a get off/slide.
Cold hands not fun - brain does not work right then.