Rear Suspension light

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Winger 82

Reaction score
This light has come on and went off many a time in the last 13-14 yrs, but the rear suspension is manually aired up; not thru the compressor. I have heard that there is a swicth that controls this ??? (The light) If so where might it be and what do I do to make that pesky light go out other than a piece of electrical tape over the light :hihihi: :hihihi: also on the left rear of the bike down by the wheel in the rear by the rotor there is a wire that is connected to some kind of sensor (that's what it looks like to me ) what might this be for ??
:thanks:
Winger 82

The pressure sensor IS down by the brake pedal area on the earlier, non-compressor bikes. Just disconnecting, and grounding the switch will turn the light off. Don't know where the sensor on the '82 might be...

Right chase. I found mine not connected , when i remadr that connection the light went out. The assembly it connects to is where ite ground is supposed to be picked up and it also is where the air is put in. ( no air compressor is mounted on this modle)

Isn't it a good thing to have a warning light for low air pressure?
Manual or compressor doesn't matter.

Unless of course, the sensor is bad and gives false alarms.

Thanks for the tips guys :clapping: :clapping: I'll check it out this weekend if I don't have a honey dew list :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:
Winger 82