Suspension leak

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shogun

Reaction score
Hi friends,Having a leak on one of Front Forks and cannot keep suspension pressure. Where can I get the parts to solve this issue at quality and at affordable prices ? Also need the mirrors LH & RH. May thank your support.

I think a member has mirrors for sale in the sales section. Welcome to the forums. Try cleaning the fork seals with seal mate and replace the fluid in both forks.

Just so you know I had a similar problem, I ran a seal mate through it, Seal mates are cheap but I`m cheaper so I looked up home made seal mate and made one from a 2 litre soda bottle. After I ran it through I had no leak but I lost air pressure every day. I changed the fork oil and used 10W bel ray and now after 2 weeks the only air I lose is when I press the air guage tip onto the nipple, absolutely air tite now. May want to give it a shot before you start dissasembly.
Fork seals can be found all over, I cant recall any brand I have used being better then another, you want fresh ones not some old stock that may have decay already, the real trick is to be clean about it and have the right tools things like a seal driver or PVC substitute for a driver.
I can only recall using K&L the last time but I`m sure with the dozens I have done there must have been other brands,

After reading this thread, I've noticed that I have never verified the operation of the forks. Yesterday when I tried to read the air pressure scored 0 psi. Then I applied some 10psi and within hours had 0 psi again. I have not noticed any oil leak in the forks, (possibly they do not have oil and are dry) or probably just have an air leak. Where do I start?

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=96083#p96083:gaffcmfb said:
Jungo » Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:08 am[/url]":gaffcmfb]
After reading this thread, I've noticed that I have never verified the operation of the forks. Yesterday when I tried to read the air pressure scored 0 psi. Then I applied some 10psi and within hours had 0 psi again. I have not noticed any oil leak in the forks, (possibly they do not have oil and are dry) or probably just have an air leak. Where do I start?
I'd start by draining any for fluids left as instructed by the manual. I'm thinking to do mine twice in hopes of flushing any sediment out. I gotta read up on this 10W bel ray mentioned above but it sounds good to me so far. :good: