O rings connecting carbs to air box

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well i dont ... but i also know a cereal box will fix this..... as oppose to buying a complete or not really complete expensive rebuild kit ... this is to simple a thing to be caught up into paying big $ for ...in my opinion

By airbox I assume you mean the stock plenum section. Most auto parts stores have a good selection of O rings. If you have one in decebt shape take it to the store and have them find new replacements.

Yea..That is one I never found either, my rebuild replaced every oring except those..Mine were sealing so I just reused them, The ones you absolutely need new are the D ring fuel supply ones that fit adjacent to the carb to plenum on 2 of the carbs..When shopping at the parts store remember they are a thinner oring not as thick as the manifold orings, and they just need to seal out the dust and dirt from getting in.

If you're talking about the ones for the fuel alleys........you didn't hear this from me......because it's not a "best practice" but you can get two as fat as you can find. I had some that were too dried out to seal, so I put in a new oring behind the old one to bring it out enough to seal. So far so good, one year. If yours aren't ripped you can try soaking them in a known oring dweller, like B12 Chem. Acetone would swell them up too. All you want is enough to get them to seal, then the constant supply of gas should keep them at the right thickness.

OK, let's clear this up...Mtwinger, are you looking for the very thin o-rings that fit in the carburetor groove where it bolts to the airbox/plenum - about 2" in diameter?

Yes this is the O ring I am looking for. I would like to get four of them, could maybe get by with two. Two are definitely torn.

I have only found metric O rings at true value or ACE Hardware. They don't have the exact size I need.

I need more information about the cereal box solution.

I don't think cereal box gaskets would work here. The carbs must be flush against the plenum for the small fuel passage and accelerator pump O-rings to seal. I might have a few of the O-rings you need, if so, they're yours. No promises, it's been a while since I saw them last...

Thanks for the offer to share the O rings I am looking for. I will disassemble the carbs brom the air box and identify how many I need. I think two will do it, but want to make sure.

mtwinger

Latest posts