SADDLE BAG FRAME LOCKS

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

auctioneeral

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know if the lock part inside will remove from outer case. I want to find out if it will come apart to try and change tumblers to match other locks on bike. The only way i see that it comes apart is if you grind the 2 rivet heads off on each side. MAYBE.
Also do any of you know were i may buy new chrome bezel for the fairing pocket door lock and false tank lock.
thanks
allen

Attachments

• 20150225_140916.jpg
    20150225_140916.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 130
  • 20150225_140926.jpg
    20150225_140926.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 127
  • 20150225_141446.jpg
    20150225_141446.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 129
Top picture is off fairing pocket door. Which if I remove the chrome bezel I can change tumblers but I will need new bezel.
Bottom 2 pictures are the saddlebag lock used to lock saddlebag to the chrome frame.

To do what you want you must carefully bend the sides on the bezel. No they are not available anywhere that has been found. You can take it off and change the tumblers.

The bottom pics I have no idea on those.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=141955#p141955:aq4z564u said:
mcgovern61 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:22 pm[/url]":aq4z564u]
Brian, the bottom 2 pics are the locking mechanism for the quick disconnect aftermarket Hondaline bags like I have.

Thanks! That's what I thought, but I never took a close look at yours.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=141922#p141922:35lmfzwv said:
auctioneeral » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:28 pm[/url]":35lmfzwv]
Top picture is off fairing pocket door. Which if I remove the chrome bezel I can change tumblers but I will need new bezel.
Bottom 2 pictures are the saddlebag lock used to lock saddlebag to the chrome frame.

Auctioneeral:

What does the bottom of the lock cylinder look like? If that cyliner cannot be disassembled without destroying it, I would think the easy solution to this would be to get a new lock cylinder and have the core made to match the key for the saddlebag mount key.

The lock cylinder for the fairing pocket door lock i have not found any chrome bezel ,so i'm still looking. I did come across a Corvette Storage Compartment push button keyless lock that i'm kicking around for the pocket door.

Attachments

• pushbuttonlock.jpg
    pushbuttonlock.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 100
Hey i got the saddlebag frame locks fix to work on same key as saddlebag door locks and trunk lock. Very easy fix changing some of the (wafes or tumblers) Locks have 5 tumblers and i only used 2 of them and it works great. I'm not very good explaining or spelling but i will give it a try for others.

With the lock mechanism off frame.
#1 remove the 2 philips screws holding the lock mount on bottom of lock.
#2 Then grind the head off the 2 rivets and pop the plate off which as a spring behide it so it will fly off. ( don't where about the rivet heads as when you put it back together the bottom mounting plate you screw on will hold everything together.
#3 slide spring off the lock pin. then you have to pull that roll pin out of the lock pin. then you can slide lock cylinder out the top with key in slot.
#4 with cylinder out of lock mechanism and key still in it, you will see 5 tumblers or wafes. The idea is to have the tumblers flat even with cylinder. I read you could grind them down but i just pull key out and push each tumbler out be carefull because you will see there is a small spring on the side of each tumbler which i remove to. The wafe closes to the key opening without spring as to stay in there to line up key. I just place a spring in one of the spots and put a tumbler in and put key back in to see if tumbler is flat on both sides of cylinder if not try a different tumbler till you get one that is flat on each side. There is 3 different type tumblers out of the 5. So you have to keep trying different ones and you have to try different slots out of the 5
#5 once you get a tumbler flat, slide cylinder in outer cylinder case to see if it will turn around in the outer case. Then move on to finding another tumbler to work.
#6 Once you get 2 tumblers working slide the lock pin in to cylinder and install roll pin back in. Then slide whole cylinder back in to lock mechanism which will only go in one way and install spring on to lock pin and then push the bottom of lock plate on and hold it while installing mounting plate on and screw the 2 screws back in and your done.
I hope this helps somebody.

20150226_102442.jpg

20150226_102525.jpg

20150226_102633.jpg

20150226_102712.jpg

20150226_102841.jpg

20150226_103704.jpg

20150226_104008.jpg

Latest posts