IDLE JETS CLEANING

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

auctioneeral

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm cleaning a carb rack here off 1981 gl1100. Question is there a hole thru center of the idle jet. I know the ones on the side of the jets are all cleaned out, but looking thru the jets from one end to the other is not open at all. I have 4 idle jets and when I run a wire thru they all stop at the same place on either end on all 4 jets.
I took 4 idle jets out of another rack which are working fine and same thing with them, and at the same place. I tried blowing thru them from end to end and nothing. I have been soaking these now for a week in carb drip,carb cleaner,brake fluid,peroxide, drain cleaner, distill water boil for hour.
I can't find anything online if there suppose to be open thru.
Picture will show a wire were every one the wire stops at.

Attachments

• 20150330_101531.jpg
    20150330_101531.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 166
Some guy on another forum said PB blaster might have cleaned his out, said his were clogged solid and tried carb cleaner and other things, after using PB blaster he could see light through them, but don't get it on rubber parts.
I used a fine wire spring from a motor brush and unwound it strait poked it through mine. Very well could be a conical type jet that isn't a straight hole but drilled like a venturi.

Got you .
PB blaster didn't work even soaking them in some blaster.
I can't believe I have 8 idle jets all cloged at same spot. I'm soaking them with everything that I can think of to break the stuff up, so far no luck.
I do have them looking nice from soaking in all kinds of stuff.

A diabetic needle is 0.030" small enough to fit through with clearance. I you used it to jet some material through it could do it. They are hard and sharp pointed. It wouldn't hurt to grand the tip flat if you try it. I have had good luck with them

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=144703#p144703:37jljniy said:
auctioneeral » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:20 am[/url]":37jljniy]
Got you .
PB blaster didn't work even soaking them in some blaster.
I can't believe I have 8 idle jets all cloged at same spot. I'm soaking them with everything that I can think of to break the stuff up, so far no luck.
I do have them looking nice from soaking in all kinds of stuff.
OK, those holes are tiny so be sure they aren't already clear, I held them up to daylight and moved them around, no wire I had was small enough to fit(and I have allot of wire), thats why I went to the brush spring to clear them out.

Go to your local welding supply store and purchase a tip cleaner for a cutting torch tip. They provide a wide variety of hardened wire sizes to clean even the tiniest of orifices. Also they are very cheap, only a couple of bucks.

Latest posts