Vent Heat?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jcol

Supporting Member
Reaction score
When it's still cool in the mornings I thought the vent heat would be a nice option however I seem to be getting little or no air flow (hot or cold) from those lower vents. I've turned the vent knob to the open position and tried setting the little louver arm in either position but I don't seem to get much air at all flow at all. I've never looked into that lower vent area but I assume there must be some internal piping that directs the warm air through the vent? If anyone has it working on their bike I'd appreciate an update on what to expect and how to set the louvers. Thanks.

I have always considered them decoration more then a functional vent...thought about installing a mini fan in them but I couldn't justify the need, least in my parts.

Some air does blow thru them I guess at 60 mph but so little I wouldn't even qualify them as a "vent".
They aren't intended for heat that's for sure, just some fresh air that comes in from the front grills.

Sorry I did not know that they are actually called foot warmers so asking about vent heat in my original post was probably confusing. But back to the original question. Do the foot warmers actually work because mine don't seem to do much. Thanks.

you'll never feel the heat with boots on unless they are short boots. my tourmaster response boots ( first gen ) were pretty short but at speeds over 45mph or temps below 40º I couldn't tell if the foot warmers were open or closed

Latest posts