Valkyrie Seat Comfort

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcgovern61

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
Former '82 GL1100 "The Slug"
I have noticed that the Valk seat is a bit different than any of the other Wings and I am curious about the comfort on long trips compared to any other Wings?

image.php

image.php

No long trips yet Gerry and I don't know if it is the seat that makes it so comfortable or the 1500 6cyl. :whistling:

Rebel seat looks much the same. We are all of different builds and sizes so what I find comfortable you may reject in a few minutes.It took some adjustments and learning where to sit on mine for it to be comfy. Modified for wing fitment it may be a completely different fit for the rider as well.

With the stock seat on my Interstate, I was having a hard time going more than about 70 miles before I was getting sore enough to want to get off. Put an Ultimate Lowrider setup on it, and have a different pain at about the same mileage. Have to admit, the new seat isn't really broke in yet, so maybe it will get better.

I find the stock seat pretty good however mine's a 97 model so the seat is a bit softer and bottoms out pretty soon after you get on it. It's good for an hour or two ,after that your butt breaks get a bit closer together. After 98 I think they went to a bit different style of cover and folks say that is a little stiffer. Can't say for sure.

I really didn't mind the stock seat and had my rear on it for a couple of long tours - one of about 1100 miles. There are worse stock seats in the motorcycle world. While it wasn't as comfy as my stock '84 Aspy seat was, I thought it worked well.

But, I have since installed a Mustang that I really like. First, it looks a lot better. Functionally, it's firmer, but very compliant and comfortable. Better contour. Two long runs last summer proved to me that it was a wise purchase.

Latest posts