Valkyrie gas mileage

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=151274#p151274:1j942r5y said:
mcgovern61 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:43 pm[/url]":1j942r5y]
Man, I only get that with 4 carbs! :shock:
Potatoes, rice, bread and bisquits? :BigGrin:

That's not bad! I've gotten between 24-50 per gallon on my Valkyrie. It just depends how fast and how steady. Ran out dry once in 128 miles with speeds around 80-85 into a strong headwind and 2 up. Back in 1997 . Two guys pulled up and wanted to look over the bike as they had just come out that year. They asked how it ran so I told them " It runs better when it has gas in it!" They had a can in the truck and ran about a mile to the station and brought me back some gas. Then it took them an hour to look her over! lol.
Another time I was puttering around near Deal's Gap and riding all over the area. Well you can't run that fast around there because of the scenery,wildlife and sharp turns etc. I was riding all over and had run a bit more than a hundred miles up and down those hills etc. I wasn't familiar with the area and couldn't remember seeing a town or anything for quite a while and had gone for a few hours with no gas stations in sight. Dug out a lousy map and it showed a little whistle stop town off on a different road. I was getting a bit worried by the time I got there even without going to reserve yet. Pulled into the little town with the post office in the gas station and was relieved. It only took 2.5 gallons to top it off.