Suspension warning light

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Winger 82

Reaction score
My warning light came on again and my question is this there are 2 wires on the left rear of the bike by the rear wheel down below the brake caliper, are these the wires for that light ??
Winger 82 :hi:

I think the wire you are looking for are under the right side cover. PO replaced the shocks on my 81 so I get the warning light every time I get over 30 mph. Since I know the shocks are up I just ignore it. They are wired through a pressure switch and speed sensor.

Yeah kinda doing the same thing, it comes on for a while then goes out then comes back on was wondering if it might be a ground problem. What would I be looking for under the right side cover ??

There should be a pressure switch in the airline close to the schrader valve. If the wires are loose or the switch defective that may be the problem but the circuit is also through a sensor in the speedometer. So if the pressure switch is disconnected like mine the light will come on as you exceed 30 mph or there abouts.

Thanks slabghost I'll give it a look see this weekend. My rear shocks are not connected to the compressor and have about 45 lbs in them, I fill them manually thru the schrader valve. under the side cover. Had the speedo rebuilt last summer but I'm sure that part was not touched. If push comes to shove a piece of black tape will work nicely on the tach.
Winger 82 :hi: