GoldWing OEM Fuel Pump Rebuild Kit AVAILIBILITY

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n2ppn

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Since experiencing Littlebeaver's "Pulley Project" here on CGW, I started looking into making a kit to rebuild the OEM mechanical fuel pumps on our GW's... I am wondering who might be interested in actually purchasing one (price to be hopefully less than $50 including shipping to CONUS)... it would consist of a brand new VITON diaphragm, drill bit, tap, new screw, washer and instructions how to do the replacement of the diaphragm. (thanks to CGW member RBG who has created a way to do this ourselves)... only things the "installer" would need would be some blue loctite, and some gasket cement (both available at most local auto parts stores) I am also thinking of including new Allen head cap screws and lock washers for the fuel pump cover as well...

Any interest?? Anybody have any comments?? Just asking if there is enough "commitment" from you guys to go forth with this venture....

Rich

I just bought a new pump from westernhonda for $74.62 with $12 shipping!

Fitz2at":2mtt9i10 said:
I just bought a new pump from westernhonda for $74.62 with $12 shipping!
Well it sure pays to shop around especially now since many hard to find parts are..........getting harder to find and the prices are going up. I'm thinking about buying one of these fuel pumps while it IS available.

Shore would be nice to have a back up plan for these antique parts I'm interested. A frend of mine ran in to a new old stock pump still in the honda wrap. He dosen't ride much anymore sold it to me at a good price it's on my 1100 now. Jerry

Has anyone rebuilt a OEM fuel pump using a new Viton diaphragm?

This is good because now it would be an easy rebuild, once you have made so that it is rebuild-able.

See Post #13

RB sells the diaphragms for $11.00 ea so that you can modify to make your fuel pump rebuild-able, or he will rebuild yours for $45.00, then it is a easy new diaphragm replacement.

https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/2-g ... 100-2.html

Might be a alternative, if new old stock becomes unavailable

n2ppn":9iugx818 said:
Hi everyone,

Since experiencing Littlebeaver's "Pulley Project" here on CGW, I started looking into making a kit to rebuild the OEM mechanical fuel pumps on our GW's... I am wondering who might be interested in actually purchasing one (price to be hopefully less than $50 including shipping to CONUS)... it would consist of a brand new VITON diaphragm, drill bit, tap, new screw, washer and instructions how to do the replacement of the diaphragm. (thanks to CGW member RBG who has created a way to do this ourselves)... only things the "installer" would need would be some blue loctite, and some gasket cement (both available at most local auto parts stores) I am also thinking of including new Allen head cap screws and lock washers for the fuel pump cover as well...

Any interest?? Anybody have any comments?? Just asking if there is enough "commitment" from you guys to go forth with this venture....Rich

To answer your question, yes, I think there would be interest. But, you're going to need exposure for your product and forums like this will only give you a limited amount of what you need i.e., customers.

I suggest that you first develop a reliable source for high quality parts and then rebuild a few of these pumps yourself. Use them on your GL and see how they stand up. Once you're sure they'll work properly and that you'll be offering a quality product, put together a kit with a nicely crafted set of instructions complete with photo's. (No one likes poor instructions.) Ask someone with mechanical and marketing skills to review your work and make comments. Be open to criticism. Make up 20 kits, post an ad on eBay and see what happens. With every kit you (hopefully) sell, contact the buyer within a week and ask them to give you feedback in order to improve your product. Follow up after 90 days and see if they're still happy with their purchase. If anyone has a problem with any part of your product, apologize immediately, and then make it right. (Customers love doing business with someone who's respectful and responsive.) Anyone can sell stuff but, very few, if any, offer excellent service after the sale.

If your parts, instructions and customer service are superior, when Honda stops offering these pumps (and they will), you will find yourself already in the game and ahead of the others.