Rides!

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dan filipi

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
1983 Interstate
2018 KLR 650
2018 BMW S1000 RR
My Bike Logs forum link
https://classicgoldwings.com/forums/dan-filipi.122/
Where did you ride today?
Pictures are optional but encouraged.

I'll kick start this thread with my Saturday ride out to Mojave about 80 miles from home into the wide open desert.

Just made it by 2 minutes for a McDonald's breakfast!

I think it stays pretty windy here.

image.php

I should've taken the camera! I was planning a little ride around the neighborhood, but went down to Pasadena and rode the Rose Parade route on Colorado Blvd., then up past NASA's JPL, then home. Not a very pretty ride, but it was fun. The '83 is running awesome! Pics on the next ride.

Great to see that you guys are enjoying your rides, though now I want McDonald's for breakfast :smilie_happy:

Today we got a stormy day in FL. So I decided to accompany my brother Joel to find your new GL1200 1984 to Ocala, FL. This beauty was tucked inside a ranch lack of love and affection. Today we could not ride the bikes but had a great time during the trip to Orlando.

PS. That GL1200 have a big gas leak near carb #1. I'll keep posting about this new project.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=116792#p116792:2dgiy3ip said:
mcgovern61 » Sat May 03, 2014 8:41 pm[/url]":2dgiy3ip]
Hey Jungo!! Good to hear from ya!! :clapping:
Thanks Gerry. :mrgreen: God bless you.

Riding to Fallbrook tomorrow, Sunday... Last weekend 4/26-27 a few friends and I rode up to Kernville. That was the weekend that we had the cold rain. Caught a little rain and light flurries going over the Grapevine I-5 and the snow level was near the road. Had planned to ride Breckenridge rode into Kernville but decided against it due to heavy cloud cover and poor road conditions on the mountain. (crappy on a good day). Day 2 was cold, foggy but absolutely beautiful...snow in Tehachapi, poppies blooming near Palmdale.

Not only do I have many things to do on my machine before any good rides,
but not my rides are limited since I have an alternator problem and have just
been riding only as needed for groceries or parts for projects. I always must
trickle charge the battery to insure and I make it out and back.

I will have to test it to find the actual problem as soon as it warms more, I
have enough time, and rains hold off for outside work. I am sure I will end
up by installing an external alternator. (The faster I find what I need, the
faster I will get it done.)

Very "arty" photo Dan or is that just a severe LA marine layer? :smilie_happy:
Can't beat my favourite Maccas in Altadena, or the great company of Steve for a bite to eat. Even stopped in with my family on the way up the PCH to Napa to introduce them to Steve :good:

I took off just after midnite for Toledo, oh to hang out with some friends, made it back home about 4:00 this morning. got up just after 7a and watched the lone ranger then hopalong Cassidy. met up with ten of the guys form TWM for a ride to hamburg, mi for lunch at boogie woogie bbq. on the way in I stopped at my sisters but the visit was short because I was in need of a nap

I'm finally back on the bike after a long time. Tomorrow going to ride highway 49 from Coulterville Ca, to Pioneer Ca. This one one beautiful ride with lots of twisties. Will post some pictures when I get back.

Went for a breakfast strap with my mates who are riding away for the weekend. Canungra for breakfast the down to Palm Beach where they were all departing from. I rode home via my favourite handy bit of road know affectionately as the Goat Track over the top of Mount Tamborine. 101 miles return to the BP Logan Village where I had filled up before and after the ride.[video]https://youtu.be/f2_M12Sej4M[/video]
Tried to edit it down as much as possible, sorry about the size and the shaky iPhone mount on the Rats Nest. Still haven't improved it since we installed it in the Home Depot parking lot out of left over CB brackets with Randy back at the 2nd day of our August ride in Vegas.
[video]https://youtu.be/-spbdiGuRvE[/video]

Those 20kph corners are a lot of fun as they are off camber and like any hill a lot more tricky on the way down rather than today's climbing route. The road was closed for ages due to a land slip, so last year just before I went to the US I had to turn back and use another route when we went to Canungra for breakfast.

Up on the mountain
Trip down with breakfast stop in Canungra
Return home by myself
The Goat Track

Another breakfast ride to the Lawn Bowls club at Boonah for an all you can eat buffet. 4 bikes with 2 pillions today so only 6 of us for breakfast.
While heading back from breakfast just after 10am we were seeing heaps of bikes ( maybe more than 100) heading in the opposite direction. It turns out it was a charity ride for the Starlight Foundation to Willowbank Raceway. I discovered this when I stopped to check on a solitary rider that had broken down as I had packed some tools in the Rats Nest. Turns out this Aprilla rider had stuffed up the installation of some right angle extension valve stems and now had a flat front tire. I had my co2 plug tire repair kit but as the tire was almost totally flat I decided it might be better to use the Schwinn bike pump ( for my air suspension). The owner did all the hard work and the tire seemed to be holding air ( 40 psi, he bled a bit where he jammed his finger in the rotating pump handle) and I poured some drinking water over the valve and stem. All seemed good and he had only about 10 miles into Boonah were he could get access to a gas station etc. left him with the rest of the water as he looked like he could do with a drink. Was pretty amazed that all the bikes travelling on the rally passed by him without checking to see if he needed a hand. As I had done a U turn and lost my group I ended up giving the Rats Nest a good run around the 6000 rpm range but didn't catch up until we were almost home.
Bit fresh in the morning ( we headed off at 0800) but as can be seen a beautiful Queensland winters day :good: