NJ to Florida.....put this trailer to the test!

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcgovern61

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
Former '82 GL1100 "The Slug"
Well, this Friday, June 26, 2015 I am heading out for a nice long trip to Florida and back. Built the HF Tag A Long trailer last spring specifically for this trip to help bring my daughters stuff back from Florida while I get to travel and camp on the way down.

This time around, I am not going to do this:

image.php

Everything in the trailer:

image.php

I have to keep my camping items to a minimum so that I leave her plenty of space in the trailer for her stuff. Not too worried about space. That trailer holds a serious amount of stuff!

Weather looks like I will be hitting thunderstorms through several states. :cheeky:

I will be taking pics along the way, but leaving the computer at home. First camp stop will be in Santee State Park in SC. That is about 600 miles and a little under 10 hours with traffic, anticipated weather (and slower traffic during rain), gas and food stops.

On the way back from Florida I will be stopping in to see a good friend and then try to stop in and catch up with Pistol Pete in Tenn. Lastly, a stop in VA to see my oldest daughter and the grandkids! :yahoo:

I'm looking forward to a great trip! :yes:

Sounds great Gerry, I am sure a little wet weather won't put a damper on your trip :good: :moped: :salute:

Safe journey; Have a great time!!! :yahoo: 600 miles is a pretty fair day of traveling, :yes: about 723 miles to Louisville & back when speed limit was 55, about twelve hrs driving time. Waiting in traffic time included was enough time in the saddle for me. :hihihi: Wings were made for interstate's, but two lane roads have their place when you have no real destination, & just going out to play. :moped:

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=151659#p151659:18wkmgin said:
Omega Man » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:04 am[/url]":18wkmgin]
image.php

This is one of my favorite pics on these forums. Winger determination is what I see.

~O~

Mine too even if you can't see the kitchen sink! :smilie_happy:

Slight delay.....still leaving on Friday, but we had a strong storm with excess of 80 MPH straight line winds tear through our area 2 nights ago. Lost power, internet access and most everything in the backyard took a big dump! The glass top table was no match and it literally exploded! :shock:

image.php

image.php

image.php

image.php

image.php

Power is finally back on! :yahoo:

Yard is fixed up good enough for me to leave Friday! :moped: