precautions

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katis-dad

Reaction score
Hello from Canada i am new to this forum .I just recently purchased a 1986 Aspencade It was at a Honda Dealer the dealer who sold it with a 30day warranty.The stator and regulator went bad it was a 2500 dollar job.I paid 1800 with 55000 kms Very nice condition they went over the whole bike. I never did any serious touring i am a youthful 60 year old. Looking for advice on starting any precautions are these good machines Cheers Katis-dad

Numero Uno: Download a manual from this site and read it.

1. Check the dates on the tires. Replace any over 5 years old if you plan to ride the machine long and hard.
2. Determine when the timing belts were changed. If they have more than 30,000 kilometers or 10 years on them, replace them.
3. Check the rear end lube and change if dirty. When you have the bags off, take the rear end apart and use moly-60 to lube the fingers and u-joint.
4. Unless you saw the dealer change the oil and filter, change the oil and filter before riding season starts.
5. Change the gas filter.
6. Fuel consumption should be around 70 kilometers per Imperial gallon. Any less, you may have a plugged air cleaner or failing spark plugs.

Beware of MBS!! Many forum members suffer from it and you can catch it just by reading their profiles.

MBS is multiple bike syndrome. I caught it after I joined and now have a 78, 84, 85, & 86 Wing. Other than that, this is a great forum!!

Welcome to the site, :hi: The M B S is very contagious, :roll: There's no known cure, :heat: but who wants cured? :smilie_happy:

Latest posts