New from Monterey CA

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
joedrum":2wwhc9i5 said:
put it in gear and move the motor some ...starter clutch is sticking a bit ....

Thanks. I will do that.

dan filipi":2wwhc9i5 said:
If the bike has been sitting the starter clutch rollers can be gummed up some.
Unfortunately not a lot of oil gets around those rollers to clean them up but with miles and running 10/30 may help. 20/50 oil in mine will make the clutch do that more especially when cold.

Yeah the bike sat for at least 3 years so that makes sense. I have 10/30 in it now. I will just take it out on a long ride hopefully that cures it. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Once again, welcome from Indiana. Looks like you have a real nice winter project. Lots of stuff to remedy but all do-able. Now, don't get to the point it becomes a two year project. Not that I know about stuff like that.

Well it is with a heavy heart I write this but I was required to sell the Goldwing for some necessary home repairs. Thanks for all the help for the brief time I had the bike it was a blast and I am now hooked and want another one. When I get it I will post up here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear that! I hope it all works out for you. If you do get another wing, you know where we are! :yes:

BTW, you can always check the site and read through stuff just to keep up!