1980 GL1100 Goldwing newbie, Burlington VT

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkfinity

Reaction score
Bought the bike this past weekend off CL. Former owner of a 99 Valkyrie Tourer.
Don't know much about the GL1100, so I'm on here to learn.

Welcome to our world. 80 was about the most spry model of the flat four wings in stock form. Nice choice.

Another welcome to the forum from an 1980 owner...they feel like they are winding out at 70mph but they will cruise all day long , ridden mine all over in all situations(heat,traffic) and is rock solid....Tune and sync the carbs,check/replace your plugs,change the belts flush the cooling and use a wet clutch friendly oil like M/C oil or diesel rated, check your final drive oil and grease the rear drive splines,
Need more info post questions in the model specific forum, we will do our best to solve your problem or answer your questions.

Welcome.....You are in for a major difference but after getting used to it you''ll find out that the wing can be a hoot! I have both and put more miles on the wing for some reason!

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=183739#p183739:1vbd1xdx said:
desertrefugee » Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:20 pm[/url]":1vbd1xdx]
Welcome from Phoenix! I didn't know there were any "former" Valkyrie owners.

I think mine will be buried with me.
:good:

Latest posts