Clutch lever and small hands

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parenfroe

Reaction score
Bought a 1985 Gw 1200 with 44k miles yesterday from a retired motorcycle cop. My first bike, still learning to ride. The clutch lever is so far out that the web of my thumb is fully stretched for me to grab it. Is it adjustable? Or is there a way to shorten the distance i have to reach to grip it? Perhaps replacement clutch levers have solved that?

Think you could buy aftermarket handles for the right and left that have a curve to them, something like these

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ADD-ON-293-644D ... 09&vxp=mtr
Not sure what all interchanges but I have been pretty lucky at putting honda handles on yamaha`s and kawasaki on honda's I think it comes down to the fact Nissan makes all the brake and clutch cylinders so they arent going to use a whole nother production line for different handles, would be pretty certain one handle fits many brand bikes.

go to m/c shop and ask for what you want they have it. Got pic on my phone but can't transfer it. Got it:
Fuel%20level%20sender%201500%20551.jpg

A different stop in the lever would also get is closer too you, I have also re bent some levers with a length of tube over the lever. Just go slow because I have broken one by being in too much of a hurry. :doh:

Welcome to the fun. Some brake levers are built adjustable so you may find one for the clutch side too.

All you need is a pair of specialized gloves to extend your reach....

necafreddykruegerglove-300x200.jpg

They come with various useful attachments.... :whistling:
:BigGrin: :hihihi:

I'd be leery of attempting to bend cast aluminuminum....all it takes is the 1/2 mm too far, and......snap! :sensored: Maybe smaller grips would help?

Well, i have several leads. Nice to be part of a group with a common enjoyment. I will go find me those specialized gloves, they could be useful for scratching on the chalk board. Not inflating tires though.