Wire / cable routing

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randiana

Reaction score
Thanks to list, I have new fairing and bracket to repair deer damage. But, I forgot to photograph or notice one detail for reassembly (at least so far) Do the wires and cables along the frame go inside or outside the vertical arms on the main bracket?
The ones that go up to the through bolt on the frame. Thanks in advance, more questions coming probably
Randy

Sorry that i can't be of better help than to say, studying how the wiring harness bend's & the way it likes to fit, & run along the way to connect up, is how i do it if i can't find any picture's or drawing's to go by. :roll:

Thanks, the stuff seems to fit best running on the outside of the bracket, but it also seems like that would have them on the sharp side of the bracket, maybe causing wear from motion. Can't really find any witness marks on the frame or cables to help and I want to get it right so I dont have to return this deep. Strange the things you dont think to look closely at when you disassemble, and on the other hand, you have pictures that you dont need. I have the Honda manual, but pics are unclear on this point.

No pix here at work, but it was the main bundle of wires and cables that run from the triple tree back toward the rear on both sides. Engine, throttle cable, brake hose etc. Thanx, Randy

Yup the stuff runs along the frame, inside the frame bracket uprights. Figured it out by fitting things, its just really tight to get the bundles inside the bracket as it goes up. It all relaxes once you get to the wider part. It would be much easier with two people or three hands. Now the question of the day is...
there is a small vac or drain line 1/8 - 3-16 that runs up towards the dash /false cover? and hangs down by the bottom of the motor. Neither end is connected to anything, although the top end looks like it has been on a nipple but I cant find any thing that it seems to go to. Anyone have an idea? Thanks as always, Randy

Good you have the wire routing now. Tube may be a drain from a section of the fairing? I'm just guessing though. I don't have any such thing on my bikes that I'm aware of.

The 1200's have a clear line on each side, :yes: for a drain if water gets in the fairing is my guess. :whistling:

Randy here. It is indeed a Aspencade. The hose in question is a black soft rubber that runs upwards, might reach the dash area, and hangs down by the front of the engine. My thought was drain but I cant find anything to drain from.

There is an overflow drain line that hooks to the top of the coolant reservoir bottle. The bottle has one line that runs to the radiator and one that runs down the frame to allow air in and out, and of course give excess coolant and pressure a place to escape. :useless:

Latest posts