Hello from Buffalo, NY

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Howdy everyone!
I am brand new here. I am between bikes right now. I just sold my 1981 CB750C. I picked up a 1981 GL1100 standard cheap with a bill of sale about 7 years ago. My intention was to get it titled and on the road. That never happened. So I have completely disassembled to part it out. What ever I get will go to my fund to buy another old Goldwing, preferably another GL1100. Observations while taking the bike apart: engineered like no other motorcycle I have ever worked on; very impressive. The only downside is having to pull the motor if the generator needs replacement. I couldn't believe how easily everything came apart including the factory exhaust.

Doug
Buffalo, NY
The City of Good Neighbors

Welcome! You might want to save what's left of that bike for the next project. Having spare parts is a nice thing.

Welcome to the site from New Jersey! :clapping:

+1 saving parts for the next bike!! The parts in hand are always cheaper than ordering from someone else!

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=175698#p175698:32p4noia said:
slabghost » Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:44 pm[/url]":32p4noia]
Welcome! You might want to save what's left of that bike for the next project. Having spare parts is a nice thing.
I second this. If you have room and money, save it all and buy another 80-82 wing.
Welcome from Pennsylvania! I agree, these beasts are built very well which is why there are so many still on the road. That alternator problem vexes us all but there are solutions- just hang a car alternator on the side and call it done. Look that one up when you get a chance.

Some of us get tired of trying to keep 4 30+ year old carbs working so we replace the whole lot with just one.

You've come to the right place.

Keep those part's for future bike's, as well as to trade part's with other's. :yes: Have almost enough spare part's to build one. :roll:Very handy to have a NEEDED spare or two laying around, when needed :good:Welcome :hi: