South Georgia Naked '81 bringing her back to life

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fivestring

Reaction score
Just purchased an 81 Naked wing. My buddy has turned an 82 aspy into a fine running old school bagger/bobber and I was so impressed with how his ran, I got me one too!

This one will be a street fighter stance. So far I have a grand total of $650 in the whole thing. Problem is I was handed a box of parts in lieu of a set of carbs. I ciphered it out to get the bike running but #4 is still only firing 50% of the time. Definitely fuel related so I'm heading down the path of single carb conversion.

And here I am. DKL on this site has done a great job of documenting this mod and I'm about to follow the trail he has blazed.

Onward and upward!!

wow how things go ...i used to live in nashville ...and was just up there in tifton for a very long time ,,,as i was caring for my 1st wife ....she passed a couple months ago ...ive been in fla since close to orlando ...rode a lot around there ...to me perfect bike riding roads ...lots of good highway and not much traffic great landscape ....i own the hooch bike ..it is a weber power 2bbl set up that really moves out big time ...whole time i was there i was looking for oldwing riders ...to bad im not there now ...i use to live on grinder cemetary road yrs ago when i lived in nashville ....welcome to classic....

Thanks for the welcome!

We have been here in our little hideaway just outside town near the airport for almost 9 years. I've been messing with old metric bikes for 20+ years, on and off. Wish we would have met up. It's hard to find other enthusiasts like us. Seems everyone wants the HD or clones then tries to make them stand out in a crowd of identical bikes. Lol.

The most fun I ever had was showing up at the big Toy Run in Valdosta on my stretched, bobbed, open header 1978 KZ1000 with my rattle can flat paint job. Over 2000 bikes there and I stood back and watched the people surround my $1700 bike in a sea of $10k(+) chromed look alikes.

Be different.

If you happen up my way, there's a cold, cold beer and a messy workshop welcoming you.

Mark

Welcome to Classics from PA! The 81 is a great bike. I think the best thing I did to mine was put an 84 motor and drive train into it and now I am eventually going to get the single carb sorted out.

Latest posts