Proud owner of a 76 GL1000 LTD

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bladequarter

Reaction score
Hello All I'm Bladequarter. I just bought a 76 gl1000 ltd from my dad and am in the process of restoring it. I don't have pics yet but will post them as soon as I do.
I Live in Dallas Ga, I also am married and have 2 beautiful daughters.I also a member of the Ga Patriot Guard Riders.

Thank you for the Warm Welcome.
Thats what i have been told, I am very proud of it.The guy my Father baught it from was in the process of restoring it when he had a stroke. He sold it to my dad then I talked my dad out of it. It has been garaged all its life. It is fully dressed including the Cycle Sounds radio, Vetter Faring and Hondaline bags. Minor sun fading on the left bag and the 8 track radio and speakers need to be replaced. Radio works but speakers are bad

I ama fellow PG Rider in North Dakota. We just had the state fallen warrior ride up here. We had 300 riders in spite of the bad weather. I own a 79 GL1000 currently in the process of installing a motor, a single carb conversion, and some coolant work. My radiator took one for the team when the last motor gave up the ghost.

Anyway, welcvome aboard, this is a good crew.

Welcome to CGW from near the Dragon in east Tennessee! Any help you need can be found on this forum with just a question for there are a great bunch of guys here that will help. And from the threads I've read there isn't many problems left they haven't already answered here with a quick fix or a direction to take to find a solution. Have fun and enjoy your restoration.

thanks all, I haven't been able to ride it yet. I have it in the shop for some carb work. Plus I need to replace the starter button, Horn button and some lights. Also I need to find a radio to put in it as it still has the original 8 track radio in it. not sure where Im gonna get one for it though.

Here are a few pics of the new bike before I sent it to get the Carbs cleaned and the bike tuned. I will post more later after she is cleaned up and running

I need to replace the speakers as well, they rattle bad, but like I said the 8 track still works

Amazing, I have a box of tapes! Thin Lizzy, Leaonard Skynyrd, and polka, lots and lots of polka....lol...If you talk nice you might be able to talk me out of some polka!!!!!

Latest posts