New from North Carolina

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello,

Interested in buying a Classic GoldWing to put back into good condition. My last project was a 1980 Honda CX500D. Current project is a 1999 Ninja 250 Cafe Racer. Future project will be a Honda GoldWing.

Will be reading threads to learn which year/model Wing to select for the next project.

Here's my CX500D project finished earlier this year:

Going to finish Ninja 250 Cafe Racer this winter for my Wife so I can get on a Wing project. My Son is getting a bike from me (Ninja 650) that will open a spot up for the Wing.

Thanks for the Welcome!

Welcome, Bill.

What's your flavor oldwing, dressed or naked?
Naked much more agile than dressed for local riding but dressed make for nice long distance riding.
Check the for sale forum, there are a few for sale.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=133540#p133540:3uvray3z said:
dan filipi » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:14 am[/url]":3uvray3z]
Welcome, Bill.

What's your flavor oldwing, dressed or naked?
Naked much more agile than dressed for local riding but dressed make for nice long distance riding.
Check the for sale forum.

Thanks for the Welcome,

Here's the rest of the story, My first Classic Wing will be dressed for two up slab/mountain riding to replace my Vstrom and the second will be naked for solo mountain riding. Modified a GL1000 Hotwing Glass Darkwing seat pan and used his front fender on my CX project. Keeping the CX for now, one guy wanted to buy it last Thursday, but not ready to sell it, yet.

Been looking at the classified here and on craigslist. Did not realize how many Wings there are to choose from.

hmm should read the threads around here ...they are great help in gaining oldwing info ... the different gearing and all ... the ways to fix flaws of the stock design and stuff ....personally my bike is a 1200 powered highly modified in a 1000 framed bike ...there are so many different yr parts on it ... that what yr i have LOL :builder: :hihihi:

Welcome to the site from New Jersey! :clapping:

How about a bagged Standard to get the best of both worlds.......great slab riding AND nimble in the corners! (Of course I do not want to discourage MBS) :hihihi:

image.php

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=133543#p133543:393muomi said:
joedrum » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:58 am[/url]":393muomi]
hmm should read the threads around here ...they are great help in gaining oldwing info ... the different gearing and all ... the ways to fix flaws of the stock design and stuff ....personally my bike is a 1200 powered highly modified in a 1000 framed bike ...there are so many different yr parts on it ... that what yr i have LOL :builder: :hihihi:

Yep, I'm all for upgrading weak areas on a bike.

Thanks!

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=133544#p133544:2nc748iq said:
mcgovern61 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:07 am[/url]":2nc748iq]
Welcome to the site from New Jersey! :clapping:

How about a bagged Standard to get the best of both worlds.......great slab riding AND nimble in the corners! (Of course I do not want to discourage MBS) :hihihi:

Thanks for the Welcome!

Been looking at some local Wings like that (probably not as nice) on Charlotte's Craigslist.

Latest posts