hello from washington

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

needbikenow

Reaction score
hi my name is scott, and I just recently picked up a 83 interstate w/ 104,000 miles. its in overall great shape except when taking off in low rpms it sounds like theres a gear slipping until the rpms get up a little then it quits. the seating position is going to take a little getting used to as I also have a Suzuki c50 that's a cruiser style. I think this will be a great bike for the wife and i once i get all the kinks worked out. I have a lot of reading to do on this site to learn as much as I can about these bikes. i already know about timing belts ,carb syncs.

Attachments

• gw1.jpg
    gw1.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 135
  • gw2.jpg
    gw2.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 132
  • gw3.jpg
    gw3.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 134
Welcome from Southern California! That's a great lookin' bike you have there! These Oldwings don't care much for low RPMs...gotta give her a little throttle when starting off.

Welcome from Oz. Nice ride :good: As Steve83 said don't be afraid to use that throttle! :yes:

Hey Scott

Welcome to the forum. I bought an 84 1200 Interstate last fall. My other ride is a Suzuki VZ800 and am going through the same thing with the foot peg position. Let me know if you come up with a way to move your foot pegs forward. I'm thinking of maybe lowering them and moving them farther up under the cylinder heads. Just don't want to roast the toes.

Bill.

well I took this bike out today for a 2hr ride and I got to say, this thing is quite comfortable and fun to ride. I moved the seat all the way back and that helped a little, but I think im going to try and rework the seat myself, to lower it 2" and back a little more. overall im very happy with it. now I just got to quit smacking my shins on the engine guards

I lived in Bremerton, Silverdale and Winthrop - God's Country :) I had an '83 like yours; it was my intro to Gold Wings AND this forum....nice (mostly) bunch of guys!

Keep posting pics....

Latest posts