Restarting my Goldwing riding 'career'

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

piperbill

Reaction score
Hi folks,

My 1986 Blue Aspencade has been relatively dormant over the past several years due to some really overdue maintenance [read: virtually untouched for about 15 years :roll: ], but it's getting all that as I enter this, and I hope to have it back on the road in a few weeks.

I bought it new back in '86 and put about 60k on it over the first 10 years or so, commuting and riding in several 3 Flags runs between Canada and Mexico. In the past few years I realized that the original clutch and brake lines were in dire need of replacing, along with the need for major tuning/adjusting, and with nobody in the area that works on these 'vintage' bikes it sat idle :fiddle: . Until a couple of weeks ago... I finally broke down and had it hauled to Wingnuts in Fairfield (CA) where Don had worked on my Dad's '81 and '87 Wings many years ago before he passed away [my little brother now has both of those Wings]. Wingnuts is about 70 miles away and it was too risky to ride and I was too cheap to pay the haul fee. But the need to ride it again overcame my tightwad ways.

I also have a 1980 CX500 Deluxe that I picked up a few years ago from a fellow who rebuilds/restores them and that's keep me on 2-wheels for a while.

I'm REALLY happy to discover a forum that addresses the good ol' liquid cooled 4-bangers.

Cheers, all! :salute:

Latest posts