Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trat

Reaction score
My name is Joe Counts.......been called T-Rat for as long as I can remember....70 years old this month, been riding since I was 12. Owned any number of bikes from a Allstate Moped to Big Twin Harleys, Yamaha Royal Star and several Hondas and Triumphs. I am into the older bikes. I just bought my first Goldwing It is a 1983 GL1100 Interstate that hasn't run in several years. This is going to be a project. Starter was bad when it was parked. I rebuilt the starter and it is turning over with good compression. The inside of the fuel tank is very rusty so I didn't turn on the fuel to keep from pumping rust to the carbs which I am planing to rebuild before I start the bike. For now I want to replace the timing belts before I even attempt to do a start up. I have a couple of other projects I need to finish up but when I really get into the Wing I'm sure I will have a number of questions....Thanks for the add to the form!

Welcome Joe, or T-Rat, from Southern California! I did a full, to-the-frame restoration on my '83 Interstate, so I hope I can answer any questions you might have. There are also plenty of others here with more knowledge than I have, and we're here for ya! Enjoy!

Latest posts