What did you do to your Wing today ?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=179343#p179343:2pb67szx said:
dan filipi » Today, 8:11 am[/url]":2pb67szx]
Lowes sells fridge filters.
Dan,,, don't you think this should be closed and archived... There is no direction and way off course,,, ie -- lowes sells fridge filters,,, taking a lot of server space...

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=179347#p179347:jkmfuk10 said:
RussL » 34 minutes ago[/url]":jkmfuk10]
[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=179343#p179343:jkmfuk10 said:
dan filipi » Today, 8:11 am[/url]":jkmfuk10]
Lowes sells fridge filters.
Dan,,, don't you think this should be closed and archived... There is no direction and way off course,,, ie -- lowes sells fridge filters,,, taking a lot of server space...
I'm a bit offended at that remark since my post was intended to help in finding a filter.
Read back on the history of this thread and you'll see that mini discussions pop up about very random things then return on course to "what did you do to your wing today" so I see no reason to "close and archive" this thread.

Sheesh, I have to defend my own post on MY forum.

And by the way for your information, posts and the database are a minuscule fraction of what takes up server space.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=179350#p179350:19a19qbf said:
RussL » 4 minutes ago[/url]":19a19qbf]
not offended,,, and after all,,, it is your forum,,, so your rules...
Okay so...what was your intention by posting that?

Riding Val for the first time since her wash ( a week ago :doh: ), a little nippy ( for Queensland ) first thing this morning but beautiful weather. :good: :moped:

Well Crystal was really dirty, so I gave her bath. A slow wet sudsy bath... we took our time. She likes me to start at the top and work my way... down. I don't know if it's the heat or the act but every time we are finished I'm spent. Such a dirty girl. :BigGrin:

~O~

Over the weekend, I finally installed an antenna for my radio...........5 years late. :heat:

image.php

image.php

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=179371#p179371:19hsweqm said:
Omega Man » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:38 pm[/url]":19hsweqm]
Mounting it down low like that on the trunk side makes it sturdier than if mounted any higher.

~O~
Sure does! Plus, the hole for the cable is at the same level as the radio inside of the trunk so no lost space.

Rode Val on Friday with a mate on his new Bolt cruiser and his Dad on a custom late model Sportster that they have both recently purchased. Noticed that I had some rear brake grinding noises so after our ride we went up to Springwood Allbikes so that I could pick up some rear pads. I was going to replace them Friday afternoon- night but that didn't eventuate, I did ride Val up the DD in the dark after a few beverages. :good: :salute:
Luckily I didn't attemp it Friday as it turned out to be a little more involved than I had imagined when I did them today. I ended up removing the calliper so that I could uses a G clamp to squeeze the Pistons back into the calliper and then spent quite a lot of time figuring how the spring clip went back in. I used silicon spray on the Pistons to alloy them to slide better and made a bit of mess on my nice shiny bike before getting everything back together. Hopefully I will go for a test ride tomorrow. I wanted to rotate the tyres on Ruth's Diesel Forester as they are on the way out and once I had a side up I decided to do the brake pads as well as install the new front mud flaps. Once that was all done I then washed the Forester and Val. I also ended up installing some new ( second hand) floor mats in the Forester and vacuumed the interior as well. :builder:

(yesterday) Removed exhaust. They are not tied together with a crossover pipe. PO had already cut the back half of the muffler's off. I changed the cut to a 45° slash, more or less. Removed the chrome covers from the headers. They were loose and rattling. Then painted entire pipes with silver HTP and reinstalled. I like the look.

Completed wiring on the front end for front turn signals and high and low beam lights. Still waiting on stainless fork (turbo) clamps for mounting said lights. Taking forever to ship four clamps! But connections are all ready.

Painted rear frame and rear wheel.

Modified and mounted an old KZ1000 seat I had shaved down and recovered a long time ago. Turned out pretty sweet. More comfy than the redone seat the bike came with. I'm tall and like a seat that allows me to either slide up to the tank for a more upright, relaxed riding position or slide back and lean up to the drag bars for more spirited riding.

More time in the shop today. :clapping:

Fitted the new front and cruising pegs to Val :party:
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=11570#p179584
Riding at the moment to get some additional hardware to finish the job properly. Cruising pegs are great even if the LH one is slightly back in comparison to the RH one due to the crash bars being staggered. :moped: :good:

took my LTD out for a spin and noticed immediately how well it seemed to be going. or rather, how down my blue 75 was performing.
hmmm, checked the normal things but it seemed to be bogging down a little. got an inspection mirror and had a look at the carb slides and there was bugger all movement. weird.. unbolted the carbs , removed the tops and slides. cleaned the slides and caps with some polish , then washed them down with wax and grease remover. put them back, and it is running much much better. although it does seem to need a lot of revs to lift the slides. not sure what is normal tho......
i'll take it out tomorrow for a test.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=179772#p179772:12y3hrz9 said:
aussiegold » Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:22 pm[/url]":12y3hrz9]
took my LTD out for a spin and noticed immediately how well it seemed to be going. or rather, how down my blue 75 was performing.
hmmm, checked the normal things but it seemed to be bogging down a little. got an inspection mirror and had a look at the carb slides and there was bugger all movement. weird.. unbolted the carbs , removed the tops and slides. cleaned the slides and caps with some polish , then washed them down with wax and grease remover. put them back, and it is running much much better. although it does seem to need a lot of revs to lift the slides. not sure what is normal tho......
i'll take it out tomorrow for a test.
went out for a spin and it did not perform as well as i wanted it to. still bogging slightly and holding the throttle at 2000 in neutral , it just did not sound smooth.
did notice a little backfire in the plenum from number three, when revving it . hmm. pulled the plugs and all looked ok. carb synch good.
went over the valve clearances and one or two were a little tight. nothing serious.
took the points cover off, and checked the static timing on the C5, BINGO..... :Egyptian:
the slotted wheel of the unit had a smidgeon of movement and the timing was actually off.with further investigation it was revealed that the packing washer to hold the wheel tight , was just a bit too thin. played with it a bit and it was possible to be fooled into thinking it was tight ,but it was not. got a thicker packing washer and retimed it.
have just had it out and all is good with the world... in fact, i'm going out again... :salute:

Latest posts