ready to go on trip

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think all us that live in eastern us should meet up at deals gap one weekend its about as central as you can do i know its 5 hrs from me i would love to put faces to names .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=181100#p181100:1q5bsrjo said:
Fstsix » Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:05 pm[/url]":1q5bsrjo]
Joedrum Great Day Great Weather ! Glad you made back to CT ok..not having a GPS...i can't find my way around without one LOL ...Nitrous Oxide bottle empty ..All season so far a RIPTA Buss Smashed through the Hot Rod Shop i get my Refills from this last winter , $ 12 bucks to fill ..But they never opened back up..Need to find out if Industrial Nitrous from the local welding shop is the same ingredient.. Yes I would have pulled the trigger several ormally aspirated today for sure hahahaha :BigGrin: . 2 bottles last summer of Fun , Like getting rear ended by a Truck when Nitrous is hit .. :shock:

after seeing the nitrous set up ...ive been having thoughts of maybe going there ....seems a small bottle would be easy to find home for on hooch ....simple huge boost of power ....1200 motor being stoutest crank of all the oldwing4 motors ....seems to be the best choice for nitrous set up.....as far as supercharger goes ...hooch is already set up on the crank to run a pulley ....if i had a super charger ...there so expensive ...id probably go for it ......

the one thing that clear with hooch is ...the motorcraft weber copy 32-34 is modded and dial in nice ...it still rigged as oppose to actually modded right and im sure it could be a bit better ....but its super close and the hooch motor dose well on on it .....hooch is just a normally aspirated setup ..super old tech....and really proves old tech is not slow tech.....im sure this carb set up would feed a blower and no telling what it could do power wise ...let alone nitrous.....

having a carb that grows in size ...like the progressive two stage carb dose ..is a perfect set up for a motor capable of hi flow in upper rpm....yesterday there was no flat spots in our power runs .....except when my throttle cable sliped on my carb and i lost throttle all together LOL....fstsix help me fix the cable and i thank him for that ....these oldwing motors are totally capable of running with power....i hope everyone can conclude that now ...and also be cross country tour bike....great combo

Blowers are really expensive, Nitrous is cheap real HP, Set up correct it won't kill your motor ..just don't run lean and retard your timing when NOS is applied , If you have a C5 electronic ign that would have retard grounding wire like my Dyna 3000 does, Most call Nitrous "Blower in a bottle" .. With my Supercharger i call it "Liquid Intercooler" , If adding more Oxygen with More Fuel gives such a good power increase It is 2 fold with a Blower that it Super-cools the Charge also that is worth HP all in it self for my Non-Intercooled Eaton M45 . Found this NOS Kit on Ebay for my CBX , can't beat the price , this is about $1500 new ...great deal https://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-CBX-NOS-s ... 675.l25578

it seems better eric ...i havnt really just went after testing hooches front end sice taking the vetter fairing off ...but iseem to ride and handle beetter....i knew i was going to road trip the bike ...so i dint push anything ...i did have change the wheel bearing in the rear wheel too ...so great it was the bearing and not a 1200 faulty wheel ....on trip it seemed to work great

i did see your bike in the pic thread ...it looks good eric ....ibet you really like the new gearing you did ...the 1500 finad and wheel look great to me .....i also like the up sweep exhaust also ....

The additional braking from the 1500 final is nice, but I have to learn to ease up on it and use the front more or it gets squirrelly. It seems to pull just about as good as the 1000 final drive on hard take offs (maybe better because it doesn't break loose as easily) but really hits its stride at 4K. I put the weaker springs from 78-79 carbs in it and that gives it more of punch when you want it. Still want to try a single, but can't seem to find the time. I also want a 4 into 1 exhaust setup.

Got my wings clipped by the law here so I'm trying to behave a while now.

ouch!!!! im surprised the low end is not stout.as upper...all i can say is the progressive carb im using seems to cover entire rpm range..

it was tough tom ....but i did it ...

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=181331#p181331:9cakuu5x said:
joedrum » Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:31 pm[/url]":9cakuu5x]
im still here in Ct. brian waiting for led headlights to come from china ...when they get here ill call you so we can meet up on return trip ..

:good:

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=184465#p184465:3gxdfivd said:
brianinpa » Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:53 pm[/url]":3gxdfivd]
I was our of town until this evening and he was leaving yesterday so I am not sure what he is doing.

sure you do brian i was freezing ...went 1400 miles left about 2...got here at a quarter till 10oclock...trip was brutal not one warm moment

Even with full fairing and such it would have been cold. I admire (at least I think that is the word I want to use here) folks who can ride for distances this time of year but it ain't me. You da man Joe.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=184484#p184484:3mskrmyz said:
wedoo2 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:11 am[/url]":3mskrmyz]
Even with full fairing and such it would have been cold. I admire (at least I think that is the word I want to use here) folks who can ride for distances this time of year but it ain't me. You da man Joe.

i think the proper word is crazy... :whistling:

Latest posts