It was bound to happen.....

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AApple

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
1981 GL1100 Innerstate("The Turd")SOLD!!, 1996 GL1500 Innerstate
...and it did this mernin. :rant: :sensored: :Awe: :rant:

Got the 1500 out to ride to werk. Saw the windershield was a little dusty, so I walks back into the garage and got the cleaner and towel. Cleaned the shield, and turnt to walk back into the garage, and......BANG-CRASH.... :sensored: Damn bike tumped over to the right side, right onto the 'Burban. I turned around just in time to see several pieces of the windershield slidin down the driveway.

After staring at it for a few minutes, I realized I needed to get it uprighted, and back in the garage so i could go on to werk. Since it was layed over into the grill of the Burban, there wasn't much way to grab it to pull it back up. I wound up sliding on the seat to get me feets on the bumper of the truck, and was able to get it uprighted. Made it back into the garage, and took the car to werk.

So...I know the windershield is busted, but I dint see any other damage at the time(it was still dark), but the Burban has quite a bit of damage. The grill smashed in, trim around one of the headlights, and a pretty healthy dent in the hood.

To tell the troof, I'm surprised that shield hasn't shattered just from the wind while riding.....it's(was) pretty damn flimsy, and it flopped around a lot at 70-80mph. I dint really like it anyway....too tall, the vent was installed crooked, and it was pretty hard to see thru with the scratches and such.
So....I'm searching for a new screen to put on it. Think I'll go with a shorter one but still with the vent. Got a couple on fleabay I'm looking at. I'll have one ordered before I finish lunch, so it will get here asap. Damn shame the screen from the 1100 won't fit... :fiddle:

I'm sorry to hear that! :Awe: :yes:

Good thing the Burban was stopped! Had u bin driving it, that could have been serious for both of you! :doh: :hihihi:

How did the 1500 loose its balance Joel? Sorry for the stuff up. :useless:

:cheeky: Geeeez! Impatient sondabeeches ain't cha? :smilie_happy:

It flopped over because my driveway is inclined. When I pull the bike(s) out, I park them with the side stand on the high side, so they still lean to the left, but not as much as they would on a flat surface. My 1100 has fallen over like that several times over the years, but it's never really done anything other than scratch the paint on the trunk. I guess I pushed a little too hard wiping the windershield down, and it caused it to bobble a bit once I stopped, and turn around. Oh well.... :blush:
Was sure happy to find this evenin that there is NO body damage, other than a few scratches on the lower side of the saddlebag, and some small ones on the lower cowling....and the antenna got bent. That straightened out pretty easily tho. :yes:
Mama said it looked like the handlebar was bent...until I turnt the wheel straight.... :hihihi:

Got a new Slipstreamer coming...should be here by Tuesday. I went with the 35" one, with the vent, just like what I have(except not busted)....just wasn't sure the shorter one was gunna work for me. The busted one is a Tulsa shield....I dint know what brand it was until I got it off this evenin. Found out why the vent was crooked tho...the dang windershield wasn't installed right...it was high on one side, and low on the other. :doh:

So...here's the pics....now leave me the f alone..... :smilie_happy: :mrgreen: :smilie_happy:

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=188648#p188648:pol6gqmv said:
mcgovern61 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:45 pm[/url]":pol6gqmv]
How about pics of the Burbon damage????? :whip: :BigGrin: :smilie_happy:

AAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!! :head bang: :head bang: :head bang:

:smilie_happy: :mrgreen:

Maybe later....you'll just have to wait... :cheeky:
:hihihi:

Otay THERE....ya happy now???

:smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=188650#p188650:o7erqtno said:
AApple » Yesterday, 6:50 pm[/url]":eek:7erqtno]
[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=188648#p188648:o7erqtno said:
mcgovern61 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:45 pm[/url]":eek:7erqtno]

I hear the Mcquires products do wonders!

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=188650#p188650:1nhg4lvv said:
AApple » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:50 pm[/url]":1nhg4lvv]
[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=188648#p188648:1nhg4lvv said:
mcgovern61 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:45 pm[/url]":1nhg4lvv]

That'll buff right out.

It's the only way I can get it out. It's usually only on the sidestand long enough for me to get my helmet on, and I'm standing right there in case the wind blows. If you look at this pic, you'll see I have a jack-stand under the 1500 to ensure it doesn't flip over, which is what I will normally do if it's gunna be there for more than a minute or so.

Latest posts