forced to sell

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toytender01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I guess it is about time I got rid of the 80. Just had my 2nd and 3erd stents put in this
Tuesday. At least that will be a start. Dr. said bikes are a hazard to a man in my condition. Not having one is a hazard to me. So I will start the process of thinning the heard. 80 goes first :head bang: :head bang: :head bang:

Riding could be hazardous for you, boredom could be worse.

Sorry for your health issues, God bless.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=152174#p152174:2zlqr5n0 said:
Terry » 9 minutes ago[/url]":2zlqr5n0]
Riding could be hazardous for you, boredom could be worse.

Sorry for your health issues, God bless.
+1 :moped:

well , we are all different , BUT .. in July of 1998 I had a Heart Attack , and before i got out of the Hospital , I had a Pace Maker ... then a lady came into my Hospital room and said there was a few changes I had to make.. with a Pace Maker I could no Longer use or be near an Electric Welder , couldn't work on a car motor if it was running because of the Alternator , couldn't be near anykind of High Voltage , and ... could not ride a Motor Cycle , because while riding your sitting right on top of the Alternator . . . at the time I had 5 GT750 Suzuki's ..it took me a while but i finally let them all go , and sit around for 5 or 6 years . since then I now have 2 Stints also , . .in 2004 i bought another Motor Cycle , and another Welder . sunday me and my wife rode my 83 Goldwing 212 miles . I'm sure not saying I know more than a Dr. . BUT , I'm saying if you can drive a Car , you can Ride a Motor Cycle . I think most all of us know our Limit , if you don't feel good about it.....Don't do it. . . Just My Opinion ... and hope you forget you even got the Stints . good luck . :laptop:

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=152194#p152194:2tgy4ci4 said:
sledge » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:18 am[/url]":2tgy4ci4]
well , we are all different , BUT .. in July of 1998 I had a Heart Attack , and before i got out of the Hospital , I had a Pace Maker ... then a lady came into my Hospital room and said there was a few changes I had to make.. with a Pace Maker I could no Longer use or be near an Electric Welder , couldn't work on a car motor if it was running because of the Alternator , couldn't be near anykind of High Voltage , and ... could not ride a Motor Cycle , because while riding your sitting right on top of the Alternator . . . at the time I had 5 GT750 Suzuki's ..it took me a while but i finally let them all go , and sit around for 5 or 6 years . since then I now have 2 Stints also , . .in 2004 i bought another Motor Cycle , and another Welder . sunday me and my wife rode my 83 Goldwing 212 miles . I'm sure not saying I know more than a Dr. . BUT , I'm saying if you can drive a Car , you can Ride a Motor Cycle . I think most all of us know our Limit , if you don't feel good about it.....Don't do it. . . Just My Opinion ... and hope you forget you even got the Stints . good luck . :laptop:
:good: :salute:

After letting mine fall onto the crash bars while moving it I began thinking that there will be a time when I will want a much lighter one :). Maybe that isn't too far off either. Steve has a vision issue and the doc says my diabetes may give me a vision problem too. I hope we all can have enough fun until we "can't". It is a time to reflect on the good things that I know I have had in 64 years, and easier yet to pity those in the same boat healthwise that never took the risks that we have enjoyed.

What good is living if you have nothing more to do but sit & ????? :headscratch: Man needs a hobby to forget himself & his situation, i know, & so does my Oncologist. :clapping: Bring this up with your Dr explain your bike was top of the line with better suspension than your car, more fun to drive, & no work to turn. :fiddle: Make him look you in the eye & tell you not to ride. :Doh2: Then find a NEW Dr. :thank_you: Maybe im stupid but i TRY to enjoy what time there's left & fu-- what others think & say. :yahoo:

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=152251#p152251:3c9vwnhx said:
ossagp » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:28 am[/url]":3c9vwnhx]
Not to pry Ansip, what was your doc's biggest concern for you.
If your question is for me it would be that I can't ride fast enough anymore, also I seem to let my bikes fall asleep when they shouldn't :smilie_happy: . After last Sunday's great ride I was in a hurray to have a leak/piss at my gate (150 meters from the road) and let Red have a sleep with an incorrect dismount ( no damage). I guess when I can't pick them up anymore might be time but I do like the looks of landing legs even if they cost more than my bike :doh: I don't get out of the saddle as fresh as I once did due to cramps etc in my left leg but that happens in the car aswell after about a half hour or more. I used to drive until the car needs fuel and like the same concept on the bike it is just not as comfortable as before and I do limp a little until everything gets going again :(
If it was Sledge that you meant I am impressed that he keeps doing what he loves :good: :moped: :salute:

Don't get me wrong, I am not giving up riding and wrenching.......just paring down the stable. going to keep the 1500, one 82 1100,the Worrier, and negotiate for a smaller dirt bike. I still have a lot of riding to do. Got a trailer for the 1500 so the wife and I can do some short trips, so decreasing the workload will fee op the time. Being 75 dose not mean I have to quit, just slow down, A LITTLE :smilie_happy:

I hope you can bring the 1500 with you in September Bob. I have 3 stents but don't plan on stopping riding the Valk anytime soon. We can take a run up to the Oso landslide area.

Tim

Tim I am trying to bring the 1500. Will prob have to remove canopy on truck as this tine I will be towing my travel trailer. Hoping to get into one of the Military base campgrounds in the area. would love to have one of those "Idaho Tote" for my trailer. Maybe later.

Latest posts