rear tire wear/tracking

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trak

Supporting Member
Reaction score
just put a new tire on the rear rim,,, noticed the old one (404) tracked an inch off to the right side of the tire,,, meaning the wear is off the center of the tire an inch,, what would cause something like that,,? more beer in one saddlebag than the other,,? idk

Check the front tire. It too gets more wear on the right as right turns are tighter than left in the U.S. Reverse is true in oz. or England.

Maybe one a$$ cheek looks bigger than the other :smilie_happy:
On a serious not with the bike on the centre stand make sure that something is not bent or worn ( shocks, springs, bushes etc)

One of the first major changes in thought for me, about tires was to always replace in sets. :headscratch: Really feels & handles better when you replace both, take your time, check your brakes, change brake, clutch, & rear end fluids while there. Check all the previous things mentioned by others, look everything over two or three times, :yes: put together & enjoy the ride. :yahoo:

im not even going to say what my rear tyre looks like after my 2 month test ride away from home ....LOL :hihihi: :doh: home safe now :BigGrin: ... might take a pic and post it :whistling:

Post a pic Joe.
Would be nice to see a tire that ran the miles and years like we would like instead of reading of near new tires with problems all the time.
My rear E2 is over 10 years old going strong with no cracks.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=153145#p153145:3pm7pwp5 said:
mcgovern61 » 3 minutes ago[/url]":3pm7pwp5]

Dan, you have to take the bike out and ride it for the tires to wear down...... :smilie_happy:
(Sorry, just kidding... :mrgreen: )
True I can't get out as much as I'd like to but my my point is old doesn't always mean bad as far as tires go. Stored out of the sun and weather makes a huge difference.
Gees I have a bad E2 here that was near new as far as date code that tread separated on, got less than 1000 miles out of it.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=153145#p153145:3386fl2n said:
mcgovern61 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:10 am[/url]":3386fl2n]

Dan, you have to take the bike out and ride it for the tires to wear down...... :smilie_happy:
(Sorry, just kidding... :mrgreen: )
+1 :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

Once tire is well broken in, several heat cycles, they will be fine for a lot longer time, than if they had never been on pavement. :yes: They won't break in right, as have never developed any flex ability, & never will. :nea: They will hold air, & some say they are fine, & good for them, :whistling: had the pleasure of a great deal on a name brand tire once, then had it slide out from under me, putting me on the street, & at the dealer buying new parts. :Awe:

Latest posts