Some assembly required !

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fstsix

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well tired of waiting for my Weber carb Mani to be fabbed .. So pulled up a chair to my bench and decided to rebuild the CBX carbs,,so far so good ..WELL ! just got back from the Honda dealer and got a price for the Float Needle and seat , $ 56.00 each X 6 = was $ 293.00 ??...or just polished the seat with a Q tip and drill and get a E-bay K&L Needles only for about $ 90.00 bucks ..Man wth is up with the price of anything now days Damn ! 4 cleaned 2 on right not done yet .

My friend works at the service dept , on the way out he said the K&L parts are ok , but i have seen some Horror stories about cheap crap..Really don't want to pull these damn things apart again ,,Had to buy a Book from a a Carb Guru name Mike Nixon and Dealer shop manual both to get these things together again lol :doh: Just found these and purchased a minute ago https://www.ebay.com/itm/400997540148?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT

Been dealing with K & L for years, can't say enough good things about them, & their product's. :yes: Anybody that know's me, :roll: knows that it's rare for me to heap praise onto ANYBODY!!! :smilie_happy:

Good to know Denver..Even Flea-bay has overpriced jerks trying screw everyone, If ya buy the Needles separate they are 15.00 each ? that was $ 90 bucks..glad some people have a little FN class to sell as a set for reasonable amount

No surprise Every single Slow jet was clogged !! Most likely for 25 years ,,No wonder the Chrome burns off the headers on all the CBX bikes..Nobody realizes how important it is to pull the Press fit jets and clean or replace , Ordered all new Jets One step larger for Slow jet and Rejet the main to 120 and Mid jet to 74 ,

well ...everyday i praise the fact ive left the stock carbs and went to a real induction system.....there was simply no way the stock is even close to a real gas charge system.....my hooch bike is dialed in so good it bests the brand new ford fusion eco boost set in the car im driving.....even today computer charge induction systems are late acting...as they read things on the back side to adjust the front end.....it is such a pleasure to ride something that's instant and spot on ...like a simple highly tuned straight carb....really just unbeatable in operation and performance.....

Mike Nixon is a legend when it comes to these Honda carbs and a nice guy to boot. Dropped off my mates CBX rack back in September 2013 which he fully reconditioned and replated all the steel and shipped them back to him in Oz :good:

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=172833#p172833:2mo0rdsq said:
joedrum » Today, 4:07 am[/url]":2mo0rdsq]
well ...everyday i praise the fact ive left the stock carbs and went to a real induction system.....there was simply no way the stock is even close to a real gas charge system.....my hooch bike is dialed in so good it bests the brand new ford fusion eco boost set in the car im driving.....even today computer charge induction systems are late acting...as they read things on the back side to adjust the front end.....it is such a pleasure to ride something that's instant and spot on ...like a simple highly tuned straight carb....really just unbeatable in operation and performance.....
I hear ya ! not much for the CV carbs myself..Not very tuneable for doing Mods to the motor...Hope to get on the Triple Weber Sidedraft manifold this summer and installing 3 DCOE 40's, CBX is AIR cooled so not really interested in Blower or Turbo for street use ,,that would be a Single carb project for sure, My single Mikuni is so easy to work on , And is Mechanical Not Vacuum crappy CV junk lol...14 years and lots of fun without doing a carb sink ! Removed all 6 CV carbs off this back in 2004 :thank_you:

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=172834#p172834:2p0a3kn0 said:
Ansimp » Today, 4:11 am[/url]":2p0a3kn0]
Mike Nixon is a legend when it comes to these Honda carbs and a nice guy to boot. Dropped off my mates CBX rack back in September 2013 which he fully reconditioned and replated all the steel and shipped them back to him in Oz :good:
He has a great reputation, Just got his CBX carb Book today ..very fast delivery ..His restoration to repair these is about $ 900..now that i have 22 hrs and $300 in parts so far ..I still have about 5-8 more hrs to complete..I can certainly see where the $900 is justifiable for his service.

6 open pipes? I bet he's just loved by all. I'm really tired of hearing all the neighbors yard machines and HD posers.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=172863#p172863:du4lj2dd said:
slabghost » Yesterday, 7:11 pm[/url]":du4lj2dd]
6 open pipes? I bet he's just loved by all. I'm really tired of hearing all the neighbors yard machines and HD posers.
Slab, I feel the same way about loud anything ! my wife and i joke everytime we hear a Hardly screaming down the road..Just to turn and look to see it hall Ass by at 30 mph buzzing our ears to death ! :BigGrin: But This CBX old timer i met had something unique ? If you right click on that pic for a close up you can see 2 throttle cables going down to the exhaust, Each drag-pipe has a Butterfly with throttle shaft that is barely open at idle, It is hooked up to his throttle cable to give Backpresure and noise restriction at throttle position, Very Clever and quite..also i might add this Hauls A$$

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=172866#p172866:279f5uxd said:
Fstsix » Thu May 05, 2016 5:49 am[/url]":279f5uxd]
[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=172863#p172863:279f5uxd said:
slabghost » Yesterday, 7:11 pm[/url]":279f5uxd]
Slab, I feel the same way about loud anything ! my wife and i joke everytime we hear a Hardly screaming down the road..Just to turn and look to see it hall Ass by at 30 mph buzzing our ears to death ! :BigGrin: But This CBX old timer i met had something unique ? If you right click on that pic for a close up you can see 2 throttle cables going down to the exhaust, Each drag-pipe has a Butterfly with throttle shaft that is barely open at idle, It is hooked up to his throttle cable to give Backpresure and noise restriction at throttle position, Very Clever and quite..also i might add this Hauls A$$
I bet it runs like a scalded hound! Looks like it's running a supercharger through a modified side draft carb. Well thought out build.

Had the day off, 6 more hrs ? still need to bench sink and install new float needles and adjust float height,,,Were is that Big Brown truck ??? set the timing with a strobe the other day, First time with a battery hooked up and new complete Wire harness ..no sparks !! :BigGrin: need,rear shocks, 630 chain, front turn signals, redo seat, Paint bla,bla bla..it never ends !! :Doh2:

Latest posts