Riding Season!

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

desertrefugee

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice to have humane weather again in Southern Arizona. We seriously paid our dues this Summer. Condolences for those folks in cooler climes where the season is winding down - but ours is just getting started. Mind you, there are Summertime rides, but they begin early in the morning and conclude before noon - or at a nice camping spot in the mountains.

Anyway, today my 25 mile (one way) commuting duty was handled by the trusty '78 GL1000. What a pleasure. Took lunch at a nice outdoor pizzeria in Cave Creek - an excuse to go for a "bonus" lunchtime ride.

Stay tuned...

Attachments

• IMG_2349.JPG
    IMG_2349.JPG
    539.9 KB · Views: 283
[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=181127#p181127:1mc85hu3 said:
desertrefugee » Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:30 am[/url]":1mc85hu3]
Nice to have humane weather again in Southern Arizona. We seriously paid our dues this Summer. Condolences for those folks in cooler climes where the season is winding down - but ours is just getting started. Mind you, there are Summertime rides, but they begin early in the morning and conclude before noon - or at a nice camping spot in the mountains.

Anyway, today my 25 mile (one way) commuting duty was handled by the trusty '78 GL1000. What a pleasure. Took lunch at a nice outdoor pizzeria in Cave Creek - an excuse to go for a "bonus" lunchtime ride.

Stay tuned...
file.php
:good:

With nice weather continuing for the weekend, what better way to spend Saturday morning than a cruise south out of the metro area across the Gila Indian Community. Nice little short loop (<100 miles), but easily accomplished in time to tend to "honey do" stuff later in the day.

This morning, the ole Valk got the nod. Breakfast at a Mom and Pop diner in the bustling metropolis of Maricopa, AZ. Vintage cycle show tomorrow.

Boy am I ready for cooler weather.
IMG_4199.JPG

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=181191#p181191:294pdw8j said:
desertrefugee » September 24th, 2016, 6:49 pm[/url]":294pdw8j]
With nice weather continuing for the weekend, what better way to spend Saturday morning than a cruise south out of the metro area across the Gila Indian Community. Nice little short loop (<100 miles), but easily accomplished in time to tend to "honey do" stuff later in the day.

This morning, the ole Valk got the nod. Breakfast at a Mom and Pop diner in the bustling metropolis of Maricopa, AZ. Vintage cycle show tomorrow.

file.php

Where are the trees?

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=182113#p182113:2j2ce742 said:
wedoo2 » Yesterday, 9:07 pm[/url]":2j2ce742]
[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=181191#p181191:2j2ce742 said:
desertrefugee » September 24th, 2016, 6:49 pm[/url]":2j2ce742]

file.php

Where are the trees?
Maybe they were cleared for farming. :smilie_happy:

My riding season is winding down. The vast majority of my riding is to and from work; a 1/2 hour each way. My criteria is 50* in the morning and low chance of rain for the day. Rode 2 days last week and only 1 this week. Put the little bike (Honda CM200T "Twinstar") on the battery tender and probably have them both put away for the winter in a couple of weeks. The end of the season riding is all the more enjoyable knowing the end is near.

Latest posts