Speaking of chrome - Valkyrie Gathering!

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

desertrefugee

Supporting Member
Reaction score
A bunch of Valk folks rallied in Prescott Valley today. We had about twenty 1st Gen Valks and several 2014/15 specimens in attendance. There were even a couple of <gasp> Goldwings. Folks came from all over Arizona, Southern California and Nevada. I just got home. 220 miles round trip.

Good food, lots of lies <ahem> stories were told. Most of these guys have ridden together for years. I'm kinda new to the Valkyrie scene not even having had mine for two years yet. One of them had 154k miles. The fellow who rules in the high mileage race didn't come.

I'm told that he has roughly 375,000 miles on his '98 Valkyrie Tourer.

Still on the original clutch. :rocks:
IMG_4436.JPG

Would love to hear all those Valk's running on the road together. Gotta be different than riding with all Harley's like my last two big rides.

I wish I could of been there to get the award for longest distance travelled.. :smilie_happy:
I can only imagine what a flock of Valkyries sounds like. :good:

Looks like a great turnout and your Bumble Bee looks awesome ! We had our get together last month with our New England chapter , only about 6 Valks showed up, out of 15 members , They still are friends but some no longer have their Valks , Still like the First Gen GL . True Hot Rod Goldwing as it was named by Honda ! 15 years and still dig it !

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=182815#p182815:5f89jstk said:
Fstsix » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:36 am[/url]":5f89jstk]
Looks like a great turnout and your Bumble Bee looks awesome ! We had our get together last month with our New England chapter , only about 6 Valks showed up, out of 15 members , They still are friends but some no longer have their Valks , Still like the First Gen GL . True Hot Rod Goldwing as it was named by Honda ! 15 years and still dig it !

:good:

[url=https://forum.classicgoldwings.com/viewtopic.php?p=182815#p182815:2sz9ltme said:
Fstsix » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:36 pm[/url]":2sz9ltme]
blown.jpg

Well, I'm two years in and have no plans for selling mine, either. In fact, I am still getting used to the "new" sound. I sold off my Cobras after finding a set of Vikings. Although they sound VERY nice and I'm getting more power out of the machine now (vs. the Cobras), I'm guessing that they would be put to a little better use, as yours are, if I were to "blow" it.

...maybe if I stumble across an extra couple of grand.

Latest posts