a great lakes sweep

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

detdrbuzzard

Supporting Member
Reaction score
its a done deal, came in the mail today and now I have a cert for each of the individual great lakes IBA rides

Attachments

• 20170107_151114.jpg
    20170107_151114.jpg
    236.3 KB · Views: 161
[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=185742#p185742:30l72s6o said:
slabghost » Today, 5:38 pm[/url]":30l72s6o]
Quite an accomplishment.
I'll say!

:good: Never had the desire to be that tired :nea: 720 miles or so was MORE than i ever wanted to ride in one day ever again :heat:Backside was burning from setting so long that i pussed out on caring how far i went in a day :smilie_happy:

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=185752#p185752:jkntjnl1 said:
Denver » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:46 pm[/url]":jkntjnl1]
:good: Never had the desire to be that tired :nea: 720 miles or so was MORE than i ever wanted to ride in one day ever again :heat:Backside was burning from setting so long that i pussed out on caring how far i went in a day :smilie_happy:
thanks guys and right you are, mission accomplished
Denver: before going on my first IBA ride I never thought I would do 1000 in one day either. while at work one day back in '14 cousin jeff, scott, and ken asked me if I wanted to try an IBA ride with them. word got around the shop that I was going to take them up on the challenge and everyone said I couldn't do it and wouldn't make it. I told cousin jeff not to worry and that not only will I do the ride that I would finish the ride in the allotted time. I told him " you've done a couple IBA rides but come talk to me after you've done a bicycle marathon, I've done eight or nine of them

Admire your hard work!! :salute: No place in particular i wish to go to, :nea: so different day trips of a few hundred miles seem to fill the bill for me. :whistling: Should i wish to travel long distance, overnight stops have been used in the past, :Doh2: with the ride a lot more fun than having to get there yesterday. :yes:

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=185776#p185776:fky38nnq said:
Denver » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:37 am[/url]":fky38nnq]
Admire your hard work!! :salute: No place in particular i wish to go to, :nea: so different day trips of a few hundred miles seem to fill the bill for me. :whistling: Should i wish to travel long distance, overnight stops have been used in the past, :Doh2: with the ride a lot more fun than having to get there yesterday. :yes:
I would have to say that 99% of my rides are the same as yours, it's not like I do and IBA ride on every trip I take but I also know I'm up to the challenge of doing an IBA ride if I choose to. last year a group of us were in Marietta, oh. to ride the 555 and a few other roads, my challenge to myself was to ride as much of the 555 standing on the pegs as I could. I rode about 80% of it standing from Marietta to Zanesville, it was just something to do and during an IBA ride it is something you are going to do even on the wing or what ever bike you are riding

as stated its is good to know what you can do ....its all fun when bikes are involved even if you cant go far ...ive got several friends who cant go far ...and we have fun .....it pleases them to go a far as they do and me also ....

Latest posts