Whats the "KEY " to this

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On the ignition switch there should be number which are a key code. You can take the switch to a locksmith who should be able to make a key. If the ignition is original the same key should fit.

If the code is not on the ignition, I think it is also under the door on the tank shelter... if it hasn't been painted over. A former member here (roncar - he is active on a few other forums under the same name) can make you a key.

codecover7879 shelter cover.JPG
Ok, Here is Hands on confirmation !!! Every lock on a Motorcycle has a code, on my 84 gl1200 luckily my trunk was unlocked when I bought the bike with No keys, as advised by ( Ron,,, Key man) I took off a trunk latch / lock , take off the rubber gasket, and on the edge of the latch is a series of letters and numbers, This is the code, you might have to clean it real good, and use a magnifying glass to see it .. here are some pics. of Locations on other years...

Attachments

• codecover8183 gl 1100.JPG
    codecover8183 gl 1100.JPG
    80.4 KB · Views: 181
  • codehelmet 75 or 76 helmet lock.JPG
    codehelmet 75 or 76 helmet lock.JPG
    126.3 KB · Views: 176
  • codeign7576 75 ,76 ign. code.jpg
    codeign7576 75 ,76 ign. code.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 180
  • codeign7783  77 --83 ign..JPG
    codeign7783 77 --83 ign..JPG
    110.5 KB · Views: 176
  • codesaddlebag.jpg
    codesaddlebag.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 177
  • codetrunk gl 1100 trunk latch.JPG
    codetrunk gl 1100 trunk latch.JPG
    188.8 KB · Views: 179
  • 84 trunk.jpg
    84 trunk.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 180
[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=186339#p186339:r29lnqwb said:
wilcoy02 » 20 minutes ago[/url]":r29lnqwb]
I have no idea how my pics ended up on here. :blush: :blush: :blush:

Let us know how that happened. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

LOL.... I have NO idea only thing I can think of is... when I was in the middle of posting my post, /with pics of locks, the site cashed ?? I couldnt get back on it for about 20 Mins. anyone else have that problem tonight ? when I checked my post it had the other pics. too ??? lol

The forum did go down for a bit. I'll check the logs.

Wes pm me he's seeing his pulley in the pictures together with the locks in your post but everything looks right to me. Tried on different browsers also and looks fine.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=186344#p186344:aj5ux1xa said:
joedrum » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:23 am[/url]":aj5ux1xa]
well funny things were going on ..i made posts that were there.... then disappeared yesterday ... :shock:

I'm glad to know I am not the only one. I have been under the weather for the past several days and I thought the meds were beginning to catch up to me.

Latest posts