I am getting an 82 tomorrow

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crusierlover

Reaction score
I found a pristine 82 I am getting tomorrow.The paint is original and somehow still looks new.It has brand new whitewalls. The carbs were recently serviced.All new fluids, timing belts.Complete replacement of shocks and springs with progressive items.Custom diamond pleat upholstery.The stereo works perfect. The bike is immaculate. I am excited about if to say the least. It has 50,000 miles. Which is low for a goldwing. This is not a bike that has been restored.Its a survivor.50,000 miles in 37 years is not much riding but it is enough to develop problems and have them fixed which the owner did.His truck sits in his driveway while the wing sits in the garage.$2500.

Hopefully no later than tomorrow afternoon I will have something to take pictures of. :music:

My personal favourite year of the 1100s. Congratulations. :clapping: :salute:

Congratulations, a good price if the bike looks as good as you say.

Now change out the timing belts, by-pass the alternator plug and get a good fork brace.

I'm sure more advice will follow. But I will say this!

When it's good, you're gonna like it a whole lot more than that Harley.

I know this, I have had that experience.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=187861#p187861:39wjt5yx said:
chilidawg » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:29 pm[/url]":39wjt5yx]
Congratulations, a good price if the bike looks as good as you say.

Now change out the timing belts, by-pass the alternator plug and get a good fork brace.

I'm sure more advice will follow. But I will say this!

When it's good, you're gonna like it a whole lot more than that Harley.

I know this, I have had that experience.

The belts are already changed.I also no longer own the harley. If I am going to ride somewhere of any distance I do not want to have the frame of mind my bike will probably get there ok.I want the frame of mind I know I will get there and back ok.I just do not trust Harleys.They are beautiful,sound great, the softails ride great but there is that planned obsolence thing they design in that bothers me.

I just rode it home 25 miles.I had worked all night 12 hours,going to bed.I had never ridden a classic wing before.Smooooth.So much lighter than the 1500.I love it.Lots of pictures tomorrow.The owner almost cried.The motor is clean enough to eat off of. That's the way to find them.

19415_0_1_4_gl 1100 gold wing_1982 Honda Goldwing Aspencade GL1100.jpg

this is a stock photo but mine looks exactly like it

Don't like all the chrome add on's myself, :nea: but it's a beautiful bike, :yes: nice find! :good:

Latest posts